Let's compile a pre-ride checklist

Casper

Check the trip odometer for fuel usage, (need to stop to fill up if close to 180 miles), tires not flat, gear up and go. Every week or so, check the sight glass for oil level, chain tension, look over the tires, and check the lights. I usually lube the chain right after I get to work, once every week or two.

I check air pressure every fucking time (experience has taught me that one's never to be taken for granted). Look over driveline quickly, look in sight glass for oil, hop on and take off kick stand move bars, pull levers, throttle, etc. for anything weird (I've caught stuff this way). That's every ride.

Once a week or so of normal riding I go over the bike thoroughly checking fasteners and such, visual inspection of anything that might be an issue.

grab the gear

check for rain

kick the tires

kick the chain

start the engine

check the throttle

check the brakes

side stand up?

go

Ok, maybe that's just a Honda, but seriously look the bike over closely at least once a week. I have a habit of looking at the exposed parts of the tires every time I get on and get off. And I've had enough leaky bikes I'll look for a puddle of oil/fuel/coolant also.

No chain check "have shaft", no tire check "have TPMS", no oil check "bike doesnt burn oil".....so I reckon just get geared up, grab the wallet and gun and get to riding.

You have TPMS on your bike? I've been curious about those. Does the weight of the censor throw off the balance of the wheel? Did you have to have it rebalanced?

Easy-to-read speedometer and tachometer, multi-function LCD digital display including an odometer, two trip meters, fuel gauge, gear position indicator, tire pressure indicator and a clock are just a partial listing of the 2012 Concours 14’s display capabilities

No chain check "have shaft", no tire check "have TPMS", no oil check "bike doesnt burn oil".....so I reckon just get geared up, grab the wallet and gun and get to riding.

Burning oil is only one of many ways it can leave your motor. I wouldn't ever take that for granted.

I've seen holes in cases & leaking seals drain a motor right quickly, and if they're in the right spot might not leave a ton of evidence except for low levels.