what kind of tires for my 96 fzr 600?

Gixxus Christ!

And how wide can I go in the back? I know a few guys on here ride fizzers, drop some knowledge on me.

I run Avon Roadrider 140/70/18 rear and 120/70/17 front. I don't know how wide you can go, but it handles very nicely. I think stock for the front is 110.

Shinko 006 Podiums or Bridgestone BT-14 is all I could find that would fit the rear. If memory serves, the BT14 you is the only one you can get in the stock size. Or if you go a size up, you can get the Shinko or BT14. You can only go one size bigger before the tire will rub the swingarm, although I don't remember the size and I don't have the bike here to look at as I went up a size.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=57791&highlight=tire

Thanks Chevy. I just bought a yosh slip on on Ebay used for $125. Will have a beat up v&h pipe cheapcheap if you want it. Probably goin to go with the bridgestones and go up to a 150 on the back. Can't wait to get her back on the road, its driving me crazy not being able to ride.

avon storm 2 ultra might suit your needs

nice sport touring tire.

your options are kind of limited, but if your options are the shinko, bridgestone, and the avons,

id tell you to steer towards the avons, a decent sport touring tire that is a multi compund tire. youll get the mileage from it, but will also get great performance out of the tire wet or dry.

here is the SKU , model number, size, load rating, and rim sizes it will fit. recommended for 4.25, but will fit 4 -- 4.50" widths

4566517 AV56 150/70ZR18 (70W) 4.25 4.00 - 4.50

Thanks Chevy. I just bought a yosh slip on on Ebay used for $125. Will have a beat up v&h pipe cheapcheap if you want it. Probably goin to go with the bridgestones and go up to a 150 on the back. Can't wait to get her back on the road, its driving me crazy not being able to ride.

Appreciate it but no $$ to put into the bike, have things higher on the list before the bike. Thanks though.