The ORDN open carry in public picture thread

lightbulb

If my work involved being able to carry a mp5 I think I smile every day

It's just a tool, like a hammer is to a carpenter. Since we don't get one for our job we think it's cool, but it was an everyday tool it would be just part of the job.

Agreed. Let it be understood that making a scene for no good reason is hazardously bad judgement, not anti-gun.

NO I won't agree that it makes a scene, is hazardous, or bad judgment. How about we agree that I have the RIGHT to open carry, and that open carrying is not your cup of tea!

Openly carrying a weapon in a place where no one openly carries a weapon is making a scene.

Since you say there's a lot of people who do it -- let's see it.

Just because lots of people don't do it, doesn't make it illegal!

Why don't you come down for lunch at the Five Guys in Beavercreek, right by the largest research military base in the country, and have someone video tape what happens?

I'm curious how the police will respond to a lunatic with visible weapon in a room full of DoD researchers, engineers, scientists, and active duty folk.

You better hope it's local police that show up and not the base's security.

If I was near beaver creek I wouldn't have problem open carrying at five guys restaurant as long as it isn't posted. I am not scared of the police, as long as I am following the law!

madcat, there's people saying that they indiscriminately open carry at the mall etc. (even kid's soccer games) the same way that normal people CC. They're obviously full of shit, but they say they're going to prove it. I look forward to seeing them in the news.

Let's see I went to Biketown Harley Davidson, shook hands with the salesman than sold us our bikes. Walked around looking at the bikes, and the police didn't show up, heck the news vans didn't pull in the drive either. We did lunch at panera bread which is where the wife took that pic, no police or news. Went to gamestop no police or news. When we got in the our vehicle a police car had pulled in, with no lights on or sirens it looked like the officer went into the grocery/convince store. Drove down the road to the camera shop and bought a couple things, once again NO NEWS or POLICE! Hmmm I guess I didn't make the news. This is my normal. Nobody even noticed, or at least didn't look twice. I didn't get any dirty looks or long stares.

Now where are those pictures of your brain?

Edited by crb

If you are just minding your own business going about your day the majority of people would not even notice you had a gun. My wife works retail and she said they have had people come in several times open carrying. Hell believe it or not people even open carry into banks :eek:.

I didn't open carry into the bank today, I did however conceal carry. I unholstered my main weapon in the car because I figured the bank would be posted. I went to the door and it wasn't, I still had my BUG in my pocket. If it would have been posted I would have taken it back to the car. I did learn today at least 2 of the 4 banks I do business with are not posted. I believe one used to be, but is not now. I know 1 of the 4 is posted no firearms.

Why don't you come down for lunch at the Five Guys in Beavercreek, right by the largest research military base in the country, and have someone video tape what happens?

I'm curious how the police will respond to a lunatic with visible weapon in a room full of DoD researchers, engineers, scientists, and active duty folk.

You better hope it's local police that show up and not the base's security.

i tried to read it all but had to stop at this dumb comment. first off it is legal to open carry around anyone whatever there job is. the no open carry signs that places have dont say "no guns military members frequent this establishment" and second maybe the government world confuses you, have you ever noticed a military police car at 5 guys no its called jurisdiction. news flash the 5 guys is not on base or on a road directly in front of the base. in fact if you know where zinc is and wanna play a fun game with cops, wright patt sf has jurisdiction on the lane closet to the base housing but not on the other lane near wsu housing.

100MEDIA36IMAG0097_2.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0096.jpg

I think the Guy at the gun counter noticed at Walmart. He asked my opinion of rock river arms 1911, and mentioned he is thinking about buying a glock. Asked what I carried. Paid for my 44 magnum jhp's and continued shopping. Spent over an hr and 15 minutes at Walmart no long glances, no news, the police did pull in as I was loading my vehicle, but they roll through all the time. Nobody paid me any attention.

Chevy you are right they are photoshopped. :lol:

Wife has the originals on here phone, although its possible that her phone has Photoshop. Hell maybe its not even me in the photos.

Edited by crb

but have you done it at a Mcdonalds with a vague no concealed sign up?

:chairhide:

100MEDIA36IMAG0097_2.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0096.jpg

I think the Guy at the gun counter noticed at Walmart. He asked my opinion of rock river arms 1911, and mentioned he is thinking about buying a glock. Asked what I carried. Paid for my 44 magnum jhp's and continued shopping. Spent over an hr and 15 minutes at Walmart no long glances, no news, the police did pull in as I was loading my vehicle, but they roll through all the time. Nobody paid me any attention.

Chevy you are right they are photoshopped. :lol:

Wife has the originals on here phone, although its possible that her phone has Photoshop. Hell maybe its not even me in the photos.

Nope I try not to eat McDonald's at all.

thats probably a good choice, Ive lost 15 pounds since I quit my last job, (for a new one) old job was lots of travel which meant lots of fast food, im lazy and it was convenient!

QUOTE=jagr;796540]You sir should be arrested for this is a crime for which you must pay!!!

Obviously I'm referring to the fukin shirt. :D

I bought this shirt when I did my motorcycle class, because the class required long sleeves and my coat got too hot at the slow speeds.

I feel 25 IQ points dumber after wasting my time reading this whole post. I spent 8 years in the Marines so every American has the right to choose. Some choices are smarter then other choices but that is why we live in the U.S.

What I cannot stand is some asshole trying to infringe upon my choices by pressing there views on me.

Smoke..don't smoke

Abort...don't abort

Drink...don't drink

Sex....virgin

OC...CCW

I DO NOT need to justify myself to anyone because of choices I make. I made the choice to defend this country.

• Upvote 3