What i did in guns.

kawi kid

For your amusement... cleaning in a back room, I ran across this in a plastic baggie.

old broken H&R Model 1904 - smooth bore 38 S&W

kinda neat, the cylinder is removable

broken cylinder pawl (cylinder spins free, won't take position, spring might be missing)

chipped full cock on hammer (might not hold full cock)

grips chipped on bottom

the cost of a replacement hammer is about what the whole thing is worth

the cylinder shift pawl can be lengthened by gently hammering on it and tuning the timing carefully

I disassembled it since firing it was not a good idea

edit: I found a hammer for 22.40. And the hammer I have isn't the original. It's been replaced once already.

edit the edit: errr, most nickel revolvers didn't have a nickel plated hammer. So dunno. And I just looked at values, and this was worth 40 bucks in the mid 80s, is now worth maybe 300.

2014-02-27_12-29-22_679_zps92db027d.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

I had been looking to pick up a Springfield EMP in 40S&W and they seem to be out of stock everywhere.  So I was down at the local toy store and found this;

IMG_20140228_103438341.jpg

Brought home a Kimber instead.  It's the custom shop 3" Ultra CPD II in 45acp.  Tritium night sights, ambi safety, front strap and bottom of the trigger guard and hammer spring housing are all checkered.  The grips are fat on it though, they are even thicker than the grips I have on my full size 1911.  I have a new set of slimline grips ordered already along with some Bianchi leather.

IMG_20140228_103500679.jpg

Good times man!

We have a class tomorrow and im hitting the national wild turkey federation banquet. Hopefully I'll have a new gun or two to talk about next week on the blog.

Edited by kawi kid

Oh Snap.. Black Tip goodness. Stay away from my steel plates. :)

Well, so today is a good day for gun stuff.  I get to double post.  Some of the ammo I ordered finally arrived.  It's not every day you get 400rds of .30-06 M2AP in the mail.

IMG_20140228_124114599.jpg

Stopped in a Great Lakes Outdoors on 322 in Chesterland.

Bought 3 boxes of 9mm Blazer brass and clean supplies.

They have a bunch of 9mm.

On the way home, stopped into Walmart Macedonia, and got 3 boxes of Tula 9mm.

Planning on a range trip tonight.

Oh Snap.. Black Tip goodness. Stay away from my steel plates. :)

Don't worry, I won't shoot anybodies plates without asking.  Now on the other hand if anybody has any ar500 they want tested, ceramic chest plates, bullet resistant anything that needs ventilated.  I will stop by your range and we can play around and see what these things can and can't punch a hole in.  I am always open for donations.  The military spec sheet says it should be no less than .42 inch of penetration into a 7/8 inch thick piece of homogeneous armor plate at 100 yards.

More range time with the PPS. For those looking for "the perfect" carry gun, you really should take a look at the Walther PPS. It is incredibly accurate and nearly 500 rounds down the pipe without hint of failure. Downside is mag capacity of only 7, but the thing just melts into your wardrobe when carrying.

Found some 9mm today at rural king, bought my three box limit. $15 a box of 50 not a good deal but i am almost out so i needed some. Also ran into a few hunters at the counter that have taken 4 pigs near lagrange ohio. Got some info from them on where there is a good pig population not far from me. Time to break out the .308 AR, and go get some bacon.

I'm taking Phil Singleton's SMG instructors course in Aug. For those of you unfamiliar with Phil, he's a legend in HK training. He was one of the SAS team members on the Operation Nimrod raid in 1980, ran HK's International Training Division for 7 years and has been leading his own training company ever since. He's forgotten more about HK weapons and training than I could ever hope to learn. And for those of you who may have caught the episode of "Triggers" from last year that covered the MP5, Phil was the guy giving the brief on the different variants and then did the double mag dump from the MP5SD where he spelled his initials on the target. Yeah, he can do that! I'm also going to have him sign my poster.

post-12481-0-96675600-1394627283_thumb.j

Edited by Sniper_308

• Casper unpinned this topic