Son of a #1&$@!!!

JStump

As the previous owner of the bike I'm sorry to hear this. With that being said the ferrings were shark skinz, so I don't know whether bondo will be able to help or not but thought if toss it out there as I'm sure some one on here does know.

Ended up remembering I had epoxy left over from the cracked headlight housing and used that on it last night. Got to play with the dremmel because that epoxy gets super hard and is impossible to sand. Check my build thread to see the pics, I think it turned out perfect, will find out when it's primered. The tail section was actually stock triumph plastic so it worked great.

04daytri, you haven't found anymore pieces to this bike have you? If so I'll pay to have them shipped to me, I'm missing intake tubing, the rear fender, and the seat cowl.

There's nothing wicked about an organic plant that mankind has been smoking well before tobacco was discovered.......thats why the indians called it a "peace pipe"........no tribal debates end in bloodshed when everyone in the teepee is dumbfoundedly captivated by the fire, craving steak and taters, and then a nap.......our government could take lessons in this.......our crime rates would drop -- Cheetos and Pringles sales would skyrocket ( along with Playstation and XBox profits ) -- AND new taxation revenue for our country to waste as well........its all win.

As for your bike, if you do use epoxy......shoot it inside AND out so it can bond through the cracks to itself, which help it stay together longer. But you really should use Plastex as its formulated for ABS resin based plastic like most panels are made of. Good luck man, and I'd head to RadioShack to pickup a cheap wireless camera you can use to monitor the bike and vehicle - We used one linked up to our VCR while at work to catch jackassity acts on/around our place. Can get up to 8 hrs at low speed to vid the majority of the time we weren't home.

• Upvote 1

Bodyshops have a staple gun that reinforces plastics from behind. Designed for bumpers. The staple is a curved zig-zag sha0e and it heated up with a special heat gun, then pressed into the bumper from behind. It melts itself halfway into the bumper, then the staple is left to cool. You wind up with the zig-zag metal melted itnot her platic, reinforcing it.

Found a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXeacki20Qc

Edited by Scruit

Bodyshops have a staple gun that reinforces plastics from behind. Designed for bumpers. The staple is a curved zig-zag sha0e and it heated up with a special heat gun, then pressed into the bumper from behind. It melts itself halfway into the bumper, then the staple is left to cool. You wind up with the zig-zag metal melted itnot her platic, reinforcing it.

Found a video of it:

I did not know of such a thing! Interesting. I'll have to share that with some people that need that!

Well I already used the epoxy but will keep those recommendation in mind for the future. And I did apply it inside and out and it is super strong. Don't expect to have any problems with it.