Tire Options.. Dunlop Roadsmarts?

accel_is_my_drug

Had them on a TLS1k but didn't really put too many miles on them. Got them at the suggestion of a buddy with an FJR1300 who said it was a great tire for that bike, esp considering the weight. He's an aggressive rider and likes to run Deals Gap quickly, with the wife on the back.

The Roadsmarts are "excellent" had them on my C14 and would buy them again no problem. Running the Pirelli Angel ST right now, may like them a slight bit better but time will tell.

Angel does not even come close to the avon storm 2 ultra I was amazed in the difference

Im biased lol, but i love the michelin pilot road 2, and the new road 3.

I ran roadsmarts before, great traction wet and dry, but for the life of me i could not stop them from feathering/ cupping. I was very concious about keeping tire pressure correct, but they still feathered on me, and enough to really notice.

My road 2s got more milage, and imo had better grip.

The avon storm 2, decent tire, but i feel like they are definately a harder compound. I could tell in ride quality.

The road 2s being a bit softer, had far better ride quality than the avons.

Never ran the pirelli angel st so cant comment.

Angel does not even come close to the avon storm 2 ultra I was amazed in the difference

Not a popular or good choice for the C14 "says the majority".........the best choices are the Pilot road 2/3, Roadsmarts and the Angels. No better all around sport touring tires on the market, although the Storm 2 are better then many offerings. Not sure what the OP rides, although I am sure the Avons would be a good viable choice. Somebody who posted above me needs to stock some Angels......just sayin.;)

Not a popular or good choice for the C14 "says the majority".........the best choices are the Pilot road 2/3, Roadsmarts and the Angels. No better all around sport touring tires on the market, although the Storm 2 are better then many offerings. Not sure what the OP rides, although I am sure the Avons would be a good viable choice. Somebody who posted above me needs to stock some Angels......just sayin.;)

Looking into it just for you lol.

I haven't tried Avons yet, hear good things.

That said I am prolly Mich Road fan for life. I have Road2s on two of the bikes right now. One has over 5k but unde 6K miles and looks new still.

I will be replacing dunlops on another with road2s or 3s via Shop Dog.

Edit:add crappy phone pics in bad light.

fc2228b6.jpg

9719a89b.jpg

Edited by jagr

Just ordered a set of PR2's from all the reviews I have read online about them being grippy yet lasting around 7-10,000 miles. I hear they also do extremely well in rain, which has always been a concern for me. I just don't trust 2 wheels in the rain, granted I haven't had much experience in it either.

i personally would not buy anoter set of roadsmarts, my TL ate them up quick(maybe 3500 miles). I'd say they lasted just slightly longer than my Pilot Power's(2800miles)..i now have pilot road(1's) and put maybe 2500 on them and they have only begun to wear

I've had BT's and 208's on my ZX14 before, and each model tires ended up shredded to the nubs in a season......of course my riding style may have a little something to do with that? :D:dunno::D I bought RoadSmart's since the 14'ers on Bikeland recommended them.......now that I've put close to 2500 miles on these, they are FAR from being done -- they still enable great cornering and not even a worn center on the rear after a season of 75 mile roundtrip slab commutes to work and back, so I'm impressed with the way they tolerate higher Torque/HP bikes - So, your FZ1 would love these

Also, fellow ZX14 rider NinjaNick can attest to the greatness of the RoadSmart's -- he love's them same as I

I have a good friend who had a set of roadsmarts on his sv1000, and he didn't like their grip when cold or the fact that they wore unevenly. After riding with me and my old PR1's, he picked up a set of the PR2's and has said he won't be going back to the dunlops anytime soon. I have the PR2s on my fz1 now and love them. I got 10.5k miles out of my PR1's and my PR2's have over 3.5k on them with minimal wear.