Track bike on the street

ama146

Has anyone else done this before? I don't have a street bike anymore and I don't know if I can waste another precious day like today without riding! How bad of an idea do you guys think it would be to take the track bike out just for a little bit (30 mins maybe) and stay close to my house? I am ITCHING to take advantage of today!

I have been considering rigging up my integrated tail light on top of the tail and buying some mirrors with built in signals. I'd have to cut the front fairing to mount the mirrors. The only thing I would need is some type of headlight to be legal. My bike still has a good plate and insurance since I switched it over at the end of last season.

do it at your own risk. i have operated track only vehicles on the roads more times than i can count, and never had an issue....but be aware of the risks before you do so

also - be warned that if its a "salvage" title bike, and not rebuilt or clean, it is a felony to operate it on the road.....much worse than not having insurance and equipment violations.

not sure if your bike is clean, salvage, etc....just know a lot of track bikes are salvage title so thought it was worth mentioning