I need a new wallet.

RSparky

Not a big deal. Probably just going to get one from Wally World. I prefer bi-folds over tri-folds.

But, I'm wondering if anybody has a super awesome wallet that they love so much they'd want to inform me and influence my purchase. :D

Right now, I've got a Wal-mart knockoff Aluma-wallet. It's aight, but not really that functional. My reason for buying it was for waterproof-ness. It's water resistant, as in my money won't get soaked on a ride. But, you can't submerge it in the sink. There's no gasket or anything like you'd expect when they claim "waterproof."

Other reasons I'm moving on: It's slippery as lubed pig. In a hoody pocket, you MUST hold it while running. Or sitting. Or getting out of the car. Etc. It slides right out. Also, it doesn't latch well. You can pop open the two halves with the force from a fingernail. That combines with the slippery sleeves inside, so when it slides out of your pocket, falls, and opens, your cards and cash shoot everywhere. :wtf:

That turned into a slight rant. Oh well. Besides being leathery, thus less slippery, I prefer thin. Any other convenient bike-related characteristics i should look for?I owned one wallet for 11 years, and it ripped apart last season. Tried the aluma-wallet and it failed. Never bought a wallet before.

Try a Fossil wallet. I've had the same one for about 8yrs now and it shown no sign of giving up on me. The best part is that there is a small sleeve that you can pull out if you just need your driver's lisc. and a couple credit cards you can just take that instead of the whole thing.

Why do poor people always have their wallet on a chain?

Buckeye Outdoors had some nice ones by the registers. Kohls is where I get my Bifolds. Usually get 3-5 years out of them.

Duct tape wallet!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/5f21/

Or make your own

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAAicTg2tjo

Edited by max power

ive been rocking one like this for a while now

money-clip2.jpg

i find that it keeps me from putting stupid shit into my wallet that i never need. like 3 years ago my wallet got soaked, and i took everything out. thats when i realized i only use like 4 cards regularly. no point in carrying receipts from 3 years ago, or cards for places that closed down lol.

I used to like canvas instead of leather, or canvas over leather.

It stays put in a pocket. Not slippery. But they are hard to find.

And they wear out quickly.

Now using a woven stainless steel. Protects against random EMP pulse destroying cards...

err... prevents scanners from reading cards in wallet, I meant...

edit: and apparently it's lasting a long time. It's... steel.

They can be difficult to break in though.

I've been using this since 2003 and has held up great. Been through Iraq, countless field rotations, rain, mud, whatever else I have been able to throw at it. No wear on it at all. I love this wallet.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/spec-ops-t-h-e-wallet-100070101.html#

Three carrying options: back pocket, around the neck, or belt-mounted.

Divided full-length compartments for cash, receipts and airline tickets can be zipped closed to form a hidden pocket.

Inside and outside ID windows with non-glare finish, eight credit card slots, passport/document slot and zippered coin pocket

Exclusive SHARK-BITE ultra-secure closure doesn’t use hook & loop fasteners, buckles or snaps that wear out and make noise

Super-durable! Made from Cordura 1000D. nylon fabric and nylon pack cloth, double stitched and bar-tacked at critical stress points.

Measures 4-by 5-¼ inches closed.

Measures 5.5"x4.75"1.057"

Backed by Spec.-Ops. Brand’s unique lifetime guarantee

opplanet-spec-ops-the-belt-mountable-wallet-black-shark-bite-100070101.jpg

opplanet-spec-ops-t-h-e-wallet-100070101-4.jpg

i have a bi fold leather fox racing wallet from iron pony...plain black leather bifold, small metal fox logo in the corner, double pockets for bills, plenty of card holders....best wallet ive ever owned...been using it since 2006 and it looks brand new still (bought my gfs brother one for xmas, and accidentally picked it up last week thinking it was mine)

I have a money clip tyPe wallet I say type because it's part leather then has a magnetic clip for cash. I can carry a few cards and cash really easily and it's slim. Plus the best thing is it keeps me from putting worthless stuff in my wallet.

Just a thought:

Whatever you end up getting, also buy the cheapest money clip you can find, put $7 or $8 bucks in it so that it appears you're carrying a semi-wad of cash.

Keep the money clip separate from your "real" wallet, and in the off-chance someone tries to mug you, toss the money clip to them - it may satiate them and you'll escape unharmed, minus the $7 or $8 bucks and the cost of the clip.

* note to anyone who wants to mug me: if my kid's with me you're gettin' popped. Period.