"Riding Styles"

shadyflyer

Riding style seems an awful lot like sexual preference. Quite frankly I don't care what way you prefer it if it makes you happy. But don't cry about it if it's against the norm of present company

Edited by Bad324

Old people shouldnt be driving cars, let alone bikes... My dad is 50ish and scares the.shit out of he when he.drives..... How the hell can he not drive a straight line doing 20mph under the posted speed limit... And I dont even want to think about how he drives my bike, thats a scary thought...

Stereotypically speaking I've found it to be youth born after '94 and the generation of parents to those kids so say 35-50. Again it's a blanked stereotype and I'm aware that it doesn't mean every single person is. I go based on attitudes and actions

So were generation X then, interesting.....

Old people shouldnt be driving cars, let alone bikes... My dad is 50ish and scares the.shit out of he when he.drives..... How the hell can he not drive a straight line doing 20mph under the posted speed limit... And I dont even want to think about how he drives my bike, thats a scary thought...

I betcha there is at least half a dozen members on here that age or older that would ride circles around everyone else. Age has nothing to do with riding or driving ability

Says the un-endorsed nitwit that is worried about being able to pass the motorcycle driving test.

"I will be getting my endorsements on the 20th(hopefully, should be easy as long as I can do the cone swerve which ive never attempted) "

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=90828

• Upvote 2

I betcha there is at least half a dozen members on here that age or older that would ride circles around everyone else. Age has nothing to do with riding or driving ability

Is that because they cant drive in a straight line?

Says the un-endorsed nitwit that is worried about being able to pass the motorcycle driving test.

"I will be getting my endorsements on the 20th(hopefully, should be easy as long as I can do the cone swerve which ive never attempted) "

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=90828

I know, and I was just kidding. I didnt think anyone would take it seriously.

Although people 80+ REALLY shouldnt be driving... and on another serious note most the crashes around here happen from the age group he was speaking of, people tend to get too comfortable driving and crash cuz of it. I know I wont even touch my cellphone while driving, and if u notice its usually adults on the phones, eating, reading etc... While driving. Although teens tend to text alot while driving, and thats pretty scary. I finally broke my wife from the habit of texting and driving while she.has the kids in the car.

Ive had dirt bikes, motorcrossers, standards, sport tourers, sport, and cruisers. Sometimes slow and easy feels good, and others hard and fast fits the bill. If it has 2 wheels its cool. Lots of different flavors.

So your 50ish dad is "old". So what you're really saying is "I'm still a little wet behind the ears & have a lot to learn". There are quite a few of us elderly on here that could school you quite well.

• Upvote 1

There is no "Cruising" section because nobody has asked for it. Generally, cruising doesn't have anything specific to it to talk about. There are many people who "just cruise" on sportbikes and don't fit into any of those categories listed under riding styles. The riding styles are specific. There isn't a sportbike specific area either (track days can be done on any bike). Cruising is just riding. That goes in the Daily Ride forum generally.

/thread because the king has spoke

Excuse me probee :confused:, Not quite sure as to why you think I should park my wheels :rolleyes: ?

So your 50ish dad is "old". So what you're really saying is "I'm still a little wet behind the ears & have a lot to learn". There are quite a few of us elderly on here that could school you quite well.

Heres what I think if you must know. Anyone 10 years older than me is 'old' anyone 5 years younger than me is 'young' and anyone that gets offended is a cranky old asshat... Age is what it is, and thats all there is to it, you cant change your age and everyhodys prospective of what 'old' is usually depends on their age. And most people in their 50s admit to being 'old' and accept it. Hell senior citizen = age 65... So yes 50 is old and 65+ is senior citizen. 30-49 is middle age and >30 is young....

Btw to your 'schooling' comment.... Duh with age comes experience... Thats a pretty well known fact, doesnt matter if ur talking bout riding, fighting, politics, etc(I would have to exclude sex though due to ED at older ages for alot of people) the more you have done something the better u know how to do it... But then again there is a point in your life when u hit the breaks and go in reverse around 75+ usually...

Is that because they cant drive in a straight line?

No..................It's because I hate to drive in a straight line:D. Gas up that Ninja and come to the NEO ride Sat. and join us for a good time. No I'm not fast but I am old.

Ive had dirt bikes, motorcrossers, standards, sport tourers, sport, and cruisers. Sometimes slow and easy feels good, and others hard and fast fits the bill. If it has 2 wheels its cool. Lots of different flavors.
Exactaly,,,,,,,,,,,,Just like SEX :D but then again someone seems to think I may have ED :eek:.

No..................It's because I hate to drive in a straight line:D. Gas up that Ninja and come to the NEO ride Sat. and join us for a good time. No I'm not fast but I am old.

Lol, I wish I could but I have a bedtime still :( no late night trips for this kid yet. If it was closer by ide be down to go after I got off work.

Oh btw 1 good thing bout old people... Their cars, im a fan of the classics and love going to car shows. Although I would never own one, there neat to look at. I was helpin my buddys dad out with his full blown 29 model A back when he took me in, really got me to appreciate older cars. Also after driving his 87GN that thing is a beast, all original and stock.

While were at it why isn't there a section about the riding style of standing on the pegs and flapping your arms? That's been asked for hasn't it? Can we get a trike section? If we get that we need a can am reverse trike section too. Let's get a I don't own a bike section too. And an I Hate All Bikers Section. This way the whole world is happy!

While were at it why isn't there a section about the riding style of standing on the pegs and flapping your arms? That's been asked for hasn't it? Can we get a trike section? If we get that we need a can am reverse trike section too. Let's get a I don't own a bike section too. And an I Hate All Bikers Section. This way the whole world is happy!

what, no lot lizard section?

Edited by Exarch

I think we like you again. You were cool with the CBR and then you weren't for a while with the cruiser and now you're cool again, I'm not sure what we think of the sumo though. I'll wait for the cooler guys to form my opinion.

/thread because the king has spoke

He's not the King, he's the Prez!

Why do thin-skinned cruiser guys join up here with alarming regularity only to bitch that everyone doesn't see that they are cooler than Fonzie?

Here's some advice; chill out, get over yourself, remove the chip from your shoulder, enjoy the diversity of the site and realize that we all bag on each other for all kinds of things.

Nobody cares what you ride, we only care that you ride. Now quit bitchin and show up for some rides. Just keep in mind that we will be riding PAST the bars. :D

Edit: not referring to the OP necessarily, or anyone in particular, just thin skinned cruiser guys in general. It gets annoying to hear them whine all the time.

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1