Question on new tires

SnowCrash7

I ride a heavy cruiser, Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 2000 LT and I recently went to new tires both front and back. The new tires are Avon Cobras.

Now I know new tires can be slick etc but since the switch I sometimes feel a very subtle 'wiggle' that's not necessarily rhythmic and very slight on and off for a few seconds.

The shop in question, Ask in Grove City, told me that they were balanced when mounted but I'm beginning to wonder as after about 80 miles I sometimes still feel it. Thinking of getting the balancing checked by another shop.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

I'd ask them again to look at the tires and balancing. I'm sure you paid top$$$ they should stand behind their work.

Or. I'd ask Hoblick to look at it. His shop is in Hilliard.

Hes a member and sponsor here.

Here's his card.

f2d9aacb.jpg

I can check the balancing on it for you. I can also take a look at all your critical fasteners that are unbolted during a tire change.

Secondary thing to check, are the tires in question radials?

What were on it before?

Normally heavy cruisers run bias ply tires, going to a radial.. Which generally doesnt have the same weight rating could give some wiggle.

Tires properly inflated?

Have you checked steering head bearings lately?

Now I know new tires can be slick etc but since the switch I sometimes feel a very subtle 'wiggle' that's not necessarily rhythmic and very slight on and off for a few seconds.

This doesn't sound like a balance issue to me. Double check the air pressure. Is this happening in a turn....I run the same tire on my Nomad and they do tend to roll a little more in a turn than the stock Bridgestones, but I wouldn't describe it as a wiggle. Sounds more like something was left loose to me.