Bike will be delievered Wednesday... Whats coming up?

katanafreak

Hey guys, my bike is in route to me as we speak, dealer said by wednesday the latest the bike will be here. What track dates are coming up? I looked at the trackday calendar and nothing was in June. Are any trackdays in the near future? If so what ones? Im dying to get back on the track!!!! Gotta get that break in done real fast but that wont be an issue lol.

Id probably look at all the threads below with specific dates included in the title and go from there lol. ;)

There's Mid Ohio, MotoSeries, and then Putnam's schedule, along with STT and a few other private organizations. Sounds like you have some experience so you should be familiar with some of them. Just take a look at what other people have posted along with picking some from other orgs. and posting about them, to see if people are going.

Yup its a black 2012 daytona 675, Nelson Ledges June 8-9 might be doable! Never tracked a bike before doing the break in, dont know if I can get the mileage on it that fast lol. Anyone break in a bike on the track before? any issues from it? The Katana was the first bike I ever owned and learned on, still have her and still think its one of the most comfortable bikes I have ever rode!

Edited by katanafreak
2nd grade grammar

Depending who you talk to, the track is a great place to break it in. There's 2 different theories of breaking in an engine though, one is keep it under a certain rpm for so many miles, then keep it under a little higher rpm and so on. This is what the dealer tells you to do. The other is just go balls to the walls with it, but make sure you vary the rpms and don't keep it at any one rpm too long. If you choose the latter, the track is a perfect place. Personally I've done both and didn't have problems with either method.