New Bike!

ICEMAN

Yes, i am still working on my 6 year project of the 89 Ninja 1000. I have finally bought a house so i have been packing everything up for a while. I will have a garage to actually work on this thing instead of in a basement.

But... At the bike shop i work at, we took this bike in as a "mechanics special" b/c of what the owner told us, but it turns out all it needs is a carb clean and a new battery. I will have the new battery by wednesday to turn it over and make sure everythign is ok (minus the carb clean). Then i will take the carbs off and have them sonic cleaned at the shop.

Its an 81 Suzuki gs450l. This thing is bad ass!! hahaha. Im either going to flip it, or keep it as a commuter. Not sure yet! She is very clean though!!

7335148850_89d60bfd6e_c.jpg

7335150620_7c711731d8_c.jpg

7335151998_05b17820d1_c.jpg

7335147492_485dbef453_c.jpg

You have a yellow fetish?:)

On motorcycles YES!!!!! I miss my 50th Ann R6... The Mustang in my avatar is my GF's. I was waiting to get more done on the ninja before i made it my avatar. maybe ill use the first GS pic i posted, lol.

needs drag bars

Even in its current state those stupid azz original handlebars are going. One of the first things to be replaced. Ill get a set of dirt bars at the shop, see how they looked normal and flipped upside down.

looks like it would be a great learner bike for someone...

I got almost the same bike when i was 8, it was a kawi 550, same style though...

it will be what i teach my gf to ride on. If she wants to keep it after my ninja is done, she can. otherwise, its getting torn down!

Carbs are getting sonic cleaned and the valves are going to be checked. One fo the exhaust bolts broke off in the cylinder head so i have that to deal with! Ive got extractors but you know how fun it is!

472226_10150949890593360_2097106386_o.jpg

413909_10150949893313360_381833933_o.jpg

Edited by ICEMAN

• 5 weeks later...

carbs were sonic cleaned to perfection and the battery was replaced. Along with a few rubber straps that were missing that held in the battery and tool kit. Runs like a champ!! Drip a tiny bit of oil so im going to clean the bottom and see where. Most likely a side cover gasket. It was nice to ride for a bit the past few days! She is now a $1400 bike!! If i keep it ill have the valves checked over winter.

243641_10151014603638360_1437155741_o.jpg

yah it is. 6th gear at 60mph and it almost wants to slow down, lol. Time for some throttle adjustment and maybe some gear changes so its not at 6,000 RPM at 60 MPH. It is crazy that this lil thing is a 6spd tho!! and has gear indicators on the dash! It is nice riding something that i know is almost impossible to get in trouble on!!!

yah it is. 6th gear at 60mph and it almost wants to slow down, lol. Time for some throttle adjustment and maybe some gear changes so its not at 6,000 RPM at 60 MPH. It is crazy that this lil thing is a 6spd tho!! and has gear indicators on the dash! It is nice riding something that i know is almost impossible to get in trouble on!!!

something seems off, backpack's 82 honda cm450 will do every bit of 90, and more if I'm patient with it...