What does ATGATT mean to you?

CoolWhip

What do you ALWAYS wear when you ride? (Check all that apply)  

595 members have voted

1. 1. What do you ALWAYS wear when you ride? (Check all that apply)

• Helmet
    • Armored Jacket
    • Leather Jacket
    • Standalone Back Protector
    • Gloves
    • Armored Riding Pants
    • Leather Riding Pants
    • Ankle-protecting, Riding Boots
    • I sometimes don't wear any protective gear

95% of the time its Helmet, Jacket, Boots, Gloves, Riding jeans or pants

5% of the time its everything but the jacket and this is only short commute type rides into town or a leisurely cruise

Commuting, local, etc. = Helmet, Gloves, Armored Jacket (at a minimum).

Spirited twisty riding = Helmet, Gloves, Armored Jacket, Armored Pants, Race Boots 100% of the time, no exceptions. Except that one time I showed up in jeans to squid it up.

I had to check "sometimes I don't wear any protective gear at all" because I like to putt through the metroparks at 30 mph & enjoy the breeze on occasion. Around town & commuting I wear a full face helmet, armored jacket, gauntlet gloves, armored riding pants (90% of the time), & high motocross boots. On spirited rides I wear 1 piece leathers with built in back protector. One piece of protective gear that I always wear but haven't heard anybody mention here is earplugs for the wind noise. It will make you deaf eventually if you don't wear them.

Always wore jeans on the street, and would NOT consider that ATGATT. Luckily never went down in them. I did feel sort of naked in that respect, but face it - if you really wanted to be prepared for the crash, you'd be caging it.

• 2 weeks later...

been down before, but my riding gear really hasn't changed:

all the time - helmet and gloves

more than a trip to the corner - mesh jacket

more than a trip to work and back - boots

never - riding pants, never bought a pair yet, but they would go along with the boots. Usually wear a pair of jeans, even though they dont do shit if you go down.

Textile armored jacket, fullface helmet, textile armored pants, armored leather gloves (or textile gauntlets if chilly) over the ankle hiking boots.

For a few rides to work I didn't wear the pants because of the heat of the insulated overpants, but now that I have mesh pants I wear those and change at work.

If I'm moving the bike between where I park it at the appartment, or the garage on the property I wear whatever I've got on at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...