What's up everyone?

LysergicDream

Hey all! Just bought my first motorcycle today, 95 suzuki katana. Should be pretttttty fun, no pun intended lol. I live in a suburb of cleveland so if anyone's nearby and would want to go for a ride, let me know! wouldn't mind making some friends who ride as well. gotta get my license before I can hit the highway though haha

55467837982811874792466.jpg

haha I mean, it DOES have two wheels.. and it also goes fast! I guess that's all it takes to satisfy me right now :rolleyes:

Welcome. 2 wheels is all you need for a first bike, worry about going fast later! Good choice for a first bike, learn on that and get comfortable first.

I'm glad it looks like someone is bringing you a helmet at least, but I won't comment on the rest of your "gear." ;)

Welcome, I would advise you to get at least a jacket, gloves and good skid lid at least while learning, and also so you know the skid lid is meant to go on your head, not to be used as frame sliders. :cool::)

Welcome. Remember, hallucinations while riding may be hazardous to your health.

Believe me I've thought about it hahaha, but I'll pass on giving that one a try... at least for a while!

Does everyone who first starts riding motorcycles have a lot of confidence with their riding abilities? I've been golden up to this point, it's kind of windy today and I noticed it affects me a lot different than a car (go figure :rolleyes:) taking my skills test this thursday so I'll be able to ride at night time! Also, I have a jacket that the guy gave to me when I bought the bike but it seems like a winter jacket.

If I do take a spill though, definitely gonna have some terrible road rash and a huge blow to the confidence.... today, I popped my first wheelie by accident! The wheel only got like maybe 10 inches off the ground, but it was a surprise because I thought the bike was too heavy to wheelie. It was while racing a mustang (which kept up with me surprisingly) and I'm sure you guys don't wanna hear about a 'newbie' racing :rolleyes: