anyone here make bbq?

oldschoolsdime92

• 3 weeks later...

When the fork twists. I wrap it in foil about 160. And around 190 I start sticking the fork in an twisting to see if it twists. When I wrap in foil , I normally pour some apple juice around it as well. When I pull it, I leave it wrapped and rest for 2 hours wrapped in towels. Open your package pull the pork , pour the left over juices over the meat and enjoy ! Damn. I'm hungry.

Edited by oldschoolsdime92
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

looks fantastic! I need to start thinking of what I want to do for my annual Man Day cook out this year. Gonna be tough to beat last years 75lbs of over 10 different kinds of animal meat

The wife has a 1-1/2 pound pork tenderloin on the smoker right now.  Actually not using any smoke though.  It was a recipe that called for indirect heat on the grill, I said we should throw it in the smoker!  :lol:  It marinated overnight in a concoction that she find on allrecipes.com I believe.

• 1 month later...

I made the most incredible baby backs while camping last weekend. Used McCormick sweet and spicy(?) Rub, wrapped in about 5 layers of foil. The fire rings there have the grills that are hinged, so they flip up over the fire. Set em on that and kept a small fire burning on the opposite side of the ring, would shovel coals over periodically. Cooked like that for about 4 hours. When I pulled them off I had a chubby. We cut them with a fucking plastic butter knife. You could shake the meat off the bone. The rub was really good, not overly salty like some store bought rubs. Sweet and smoky with smoked paprika and kicked up with some chipotle peppers. Very good balance. Best meal I've ever cooked camping.

• Upvote 2

you did see the source of the map, Texas Monthly, so it may be slightly biased....

Just a tad bit of bias, maybe even a tad bit of intimidation from the Carolina and Georgia BBQ. I am looking to smoke a standing beef rib roast "prime rib", I will for sure be posting pics of that beauty!!!!

• Upvote 1

lord I loves me some bbq....

just got back from Chesapeake western shore and someone made STEAK with BBQ....I swear it was blasphemous till I ate so much I thought I was going to have an aneurysm

the crabs, the sweet corn and those BBQ whatever cuts they were...feck me runnin' I barely remember much after that meal

935054_573957582648209_1940245782_n.jpg