2006 Suzuki VStrom DL1000

Casper

I'm thinking about letting her go. I know, I know. Before all the boos and questions, let me explain myself. I bought this motorcycle before little man was even a thought. I'd been taking trips on sportbikes and realized I wanted something more comfortable. So I sold the ZX10 and bought this Vee. It's been amazing for every mile. I can honestly say I love this bike. However, with little guy, it's hard if not impossible to get away for a week or more for a motorcycle trip. I found myself taking Carie's 600RR to the Gap both times, and even for trips to Hocking. So I bought myself a twisty toy last weekend. I thought about keeping the Vee around, and I still might. But I've been tossing the idea of buying a dualsport now that I have a sportbike again. I've postponed the Alaska trip twice because I just can't leave for that long with little guy at home. So I'm going to hold of for a few years and enjoy the weekend rides.

So here it is:

2006 Suzuki VStrom DL1000

Best color they made :)

9,500ish miles

Fresh Amsoil oil change (as in zero miles, just did it)

Newer tires on it (around 1000 miles I think)

Brand new Dunlop set comes with it

Generic top box

Happy Trail side luggage (aluminum, powdercoated, etc)

Good size tank bag with map pocket, etc

Two power outlets under seat

Tool tube mounted to top box

Garage door opener mod

The plate on the handlebar with velcro is for my iPod controller.

Close-up pic is of a dent on the gas tank, only blemish on the whole bike. As you can see, it is barely noticeable.

I'll throw in a front stand I bought specifically for this bike.

$5,999 obo for everything and I'm open to trades. I'm negotiable if you don't want the boxes, tires, etc. For instance, these boxes will fit most dualsports, so I wouldn't be upset keeping them. For trades, I'm interested in quads, dualsports, supermotos, etc. I can work with partial trades. Whatever. Shoot me a PM. Worst I can say is no thanks.

BpsmK.jpg

nBYK3.jpg

ZHKr8.jpg

BzSnP.jpg

CPM6S.jpg

184784_626567836377_6087020_n.jpg

I sometimes miss mine Ben, but would go with the new 2012 650 if I were to give a Strom another try. GLWS.....whomever gets this bike will no doubt love it! Oh.....and real dual sports are fun.:D

I sometimes miss mine Ben, but would go with the new 2012 650 if I were to give a Strom another try. GLWS.....whomever gets this bike will no doubt love it! Oh.....and real dual sports are fun.:D
I'm sure I'll miss it. I'll probably buy another one a few years down the road. It really is one of my favorites bikes I've ridden.
GLWs, what twisty toy did you buy?
Something. :D
that generic top box looks familiar...
Sure does.

How about a 2003 z400 and a 2012 16ft v nose trailer(already set up for haulin)..I can alway buy another trailer later

Don't really need/want a trailer that big. If I get another, it'll be a small open trailer. Thanks though.