5/3 bank about to f you over....

serpentracer

anyone with a 5/3 checking account you are about to get switched to a new FEE laden checking account.

if you're like me I'd pull out early:D

they wanted me to give them an answer today about my decision and I said give me a few more days till I find a new bank. personal banker lady said I'm not the only person upset about the change.

https://www.53.com/site/personal-banking/checking/index.html?WT.ac=AdRotator-DS-Checking-Girl&WT.mc_ftcn=Checking%20Campaigns&WT.mc_channel=53.com&WT.pi=Home%20Page&WT.mc_id=AdRotator-DS-Checking-Girl

I had one of the higher up accounts with all kinds of perks and since I've been a customer so long I had no fee's. well that kind of checking is now $25 a month.

Edited by serpentracer

free if you don't need to write checks and you have $500 of direct deposits/month.

free if you want to write checks - if you keep $1,500 in the account.

move your account to a credit union.

/thread

Edited by jblosser
your, not you

As a veteran I get my essential account free or nearly free. But thanks for the heads up.

I used to be with State Savings before 5/3 bought them. State Savings had fabulous service-5/3rd, not so much.

Edited by Scarlett Harlot
can't spell account without a dictionary

credit union ftw.

i have no idea why anybody still uses banks.

It's nice to have a brick and mortar building wherever i go, it costs me less, better web developers, more atms...yadda yadda yadda...

there are economies of scale here that come into effect... and my bank hasn't charged me a red cent in fees (though they have paid me a few in interest)

As a veteran I get my essential account free or nearly free. But thanks for the heads up.

I used to be with State Savings before 5/3 bought them. State Savings had fabulous service-5/3rd, not so much.

State Savings was awesome. Shame that good small buisnesses get swallowed by conglomos.

I left 5/3 a long time ago, and got a settlement from them after they rearranged transactions to make you over draft. The wife banks there now and as soon as we are back from our honeymoon we are taking her accounts to Chase.

I have been banking with them for a long time and can honestly say i have always been taken care of quickly and with above expected customer service.

I guess I have enough money with them...mine is not changing (that I'm aware of).

they're all changing. next time you go to the bank they'll ask you which one you are changing to.

the lowest one you should choose is the essential account. which you have to keep a balance of 1500.

I was just there yesterday. We have like 7 different checking/savings accounts there between personal and business plus mortgage and prolly other shit. We do A LOT of business with them. They tried to hit us with some fees about 6 months ago. The wife went in and a half hour later, not only no fees but we each got their identity alert credit monitoring for free.

It's nice to have a brick and mortar building wherever i go, it costs me less, better web developers, more atms...yadda yadda yadda...

there are economies of scale here that come into effect... and my bank hasn't charged me a red cent in fees (though they have paid me a few in interest)

My C.U. pays me, too. They've never charged me for anything except for closing a mortgage.

More ATMs? Fee-free? No.

How many Huntington branches are in, for instance, California? There are loads of C.U. branches there, and most of them are part of the shared branch network, meaning I can go in and do most anything I'd need to do.

Web developers? Umm, ok, you can have that one.

Chase probably has more branches and an economy of scale, but my C.U. isn't losing billions speculating on derivatives...

FWIW, I have accounts at The Huntington, too. They have a trust department, my C.U. doesn't.

they're all changing. next time you go to the bank they'll ask you which one you are changing to.

the lowest one you should choose is the essential account. which you have to keep a balance of 1500.

You mean they just wait for you to stop in to tell you? There is no notice sent out in the mail? What if you don't stop in the local branch, they just wait to switch you or start hitting you with fee's of there choice?

I always keep over 1500 in my accounts so no fees here

I used to but I pulled my savings account from 5/3 years ago. When they paid 0% interest on it for one statement period and offered no explanation. At that time the highest rate around was 4% at Cooper State Bank.

You mean they just wait for you to stop in to tell you? There is no notice sent out in the mail? What if you don't stop in the local branch, they just wait to switch you or start hitting you with fee's of there choice?

they said they're sending out letters. what really cracks me up about the whole thing is their bs story behind the change...

which goes something about how they polled customers and it showed people prefer these types of accounts.:lol:

they said they're sending out letters. what really cracks me up about the whole thing is their bs story behind the change...

which goes something about how they polled customers and it showed people prefer these types of accounts.:lol:

They must really think their customers are stupid...:nono: