7/22/12 wanye trail ride

2talltim

this is a break off thread from micks 7/28 ride thread.

Me and a couple others are going to be down on this day sunday 7/22 meeting up at P3 time is still TBD, chime in if interested and what time is good for you.

I should be good to go by then. I need to check or replace my front brakes still. I can get down there pretty easy by 10ish.

Check the front pads and man I was pushing it! One more ride I would have needed rotors too! Anyway got them replaced last night, went to iron pony got waxed on the price. I didn't think I had time to order off eBay and wait for shipping and still make the ride Sunday. Anyways I'm ready to roll, a buddy from work is supposed to ride down with me. He has a 700 King Quad w/winch.

Hondapads.jpg

where can I find details about wayne? I found the website but IMO its not that great

I agree with you there. What kinda of info are you after, perhaps we can help? Here's a link to the trail map. And you can always contact the Ranger's office direct.

Athens District Ranger: Gala Goldsmith

Athens District Main Office address:

13700 US Highway 33

Nelsonville, OH 45764

(740) 753-0101

(740) 753-0119 (fax)

Link to trail map...

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5084019.jpg

I'm interested in general info and requirements.

I've got a title for my bike, but never got it transferred over yet.

Any noise requirements? Its a yz 250 2 stroke, kind of loud.

Where is this P3 area?

Looks like I might have to get some camping gear, would be too much for a single day trip.

Where is this P3 area?

Looks like I might have to get some camping gear, would be too much for a single day trip.

You need the title in your name, then you can get the ORV sticker from the DMV.

I think there might be a 96db limit, I'm not 100% sure but it's a national forest it would surprise me if there's not. I hear some loud bikes there, dunno how strict they are on that.

P3 is the Dorr Run parking lot/trailhead. Quads usually congregate down there, bikes tend to ride out of New Straitsville off 595. More mud and ruts down around Dorr Run.

Where is this P3 area?

Yes you need to take the title to the BMV and get you a APV/ORV plate it is $36 and good for 3 years and this will let ride on any ohio public lands(where permitted) not just wayne. Then when you get down to wayne you need to buy a day or weekend pass witch is $12 a day $24 for 3 days $45 for season.(If you wanna come down PM me i can help you out with the wayne pass)

My one quad and bowdogs 450 are real loud too and we have never beed messed with. P1-P5 are parking areas around door runn, to get to there you just take US33 south till the bipass ends and turn left on Company Rd. P3 is also known as Scarlet Oak trail head.

Let me know if you wanna camp i might stay sunday night if somone else does.

If you ask us regulars it is worth every dime and expense, the trails are fast and well groomed, and there are still areas that offer some chalenge too. And with almost 80 miles there is lots to explore

Check the front pads and man I was pushing it! One more ride I would have needed rotors too! Anyway got them replaced last night, went to iron pony got waxed on the price. I didn't think I had time to order off eBay and wait for shipping and still make the ride Sunday. Anyways I'm ready to roll, a buddy from work is supposed to ride down with me. He has a 700 King Quad w/winch.

Hondapads.jpg

maybe i should check mine, i can always steal the pads from the other quad if they are bad

I didn't realize the Special Wish Foundation ride was Saturday. Riding 2 days in a row is probably not going to happen for me since we'll be leaving for Tennessee the following weekend. Have fun and ride safe!

Where is this P3 area?

yea what the rest said, and its $34.75 for a 3 year plate. And a lot of the other state parks ie Perry don't require the additional trail pass, just Wayne as far as I know. "Loud pipes save lives" No noise restrictions but you are required to have a spark arrestor. P3 if you look at the trail map the parking areas are marked with a blue square and a red P in the middle. P3 is by the 1985 loop. If you enter from route 33 onto company road, you just go straight back. 1st you will see P1 on the right, keep going and P2 will be on the right as well. And if you went left at P2 that would take you to P4 and 5, but go straight after P2 and it will end at P3.

Edited by M_Quick

I knew mine were bad cause the fluid in the site glass was low.

I top mine off all the time so I wouldn't know how low it really gets, ill check them out Saturday. Gotta figure out a slow leak in my rear tire too, I already dimounted and cleaned the rim:confused: and remounted and it still leaks off. I hate using stop leak but I might have to. I can get a day of riding out of it but its flat by the next morning, just anoying

I top mine off all the time so I wouldn't know how low it really gets, ill check them out Saturday. Gotta figure out a slow leak in my rear tire too, I already dimounted and cleaned the rim:confused: and remounted and it still leaks off. I hate using stop leak but I might have to. I can get a day of riding out of it but its flat by the next morning, just anoying

http://www.slime.com/ I'd use this before stop leak or fix a flat. And my pads lasted 2 years, but I ran alot in W.va and the down hill there is hard on breaks. If you've been adding fluid you probably need pads.

Edited by M_Quick

We got some much needed rain this week, so I hope the guys scared of dust will come out and play. And I think Steve may be missing in action again, maybe he will come out of hiding for the 28th ride.

i lost my cell phone lol i will be out for the 28th

Hey hey he is back! That's cool your going to still make it on the 28th. Did you get your bars fixed? I sent you a text awhile ago about bringing the straightener over if you needed it. I know what I have will re-bend them.

:coffee::coffee:

Bubbys shawn and adam said tonight they are in for Sunday, now the question is will they remember that when the sober up...:lol:

Sounds like you may want to give em a wake up call! :coffee: Are we still parking at P3? As far as I know the guy from work "Keith" is still coming down with me, with his King quad.