MotoGP on TV today

YSR_Racer_99

What the hell happened to Rossi? He bit it bigtime before the cork screw but never showed why.

We were at the bar and had no sound, so if they said why he went down, I'd really like to know. From watching, he bit it like a Harley rider encountering a turn!

What the hell happened to Rossi? He bit it bigtime before the cork screw but never showed why.

We were at the bar and had no sound, so if they said why he went down, I'd really like to know. From watching, he bit it like a Harley rider encountering a turn!

The said it looked like a high side. The bike came into frame riding on its' right side before the corkscrew. Oh and BTW I fucking hate Ralph Shitforbrains and Scott Russell. Gavin Emmet and Ian Wheeler make those 2 asshats look like amateurs.

Edited by cmh_sprint

He didn't highside. They showed the wreck during the end credits when they were signing off. It looked like too much front brake and the front washed out from under him.

I'm pretty sure they have the race for free on motogp.com. I could be wrong.

And Rossi's front washed away, he said it was a bit like what happened in silverstone in practice. He has had no feeling in the front end of the bike all season and every remedy they try creates chatter. He was expecting to have an almost brand new bike by the laguna round but from the sound of things ducati gave him 10% of all the upgrades he was promised. I expect to hear him announce over the break that he's going to go to yamaha with Lorenzo or take Bautista's seat at San Carlo. But more than likely the factory yamaha ride that ben left wide open. I don't think Rossi will take much more of the broken promises ducati toss at him especially since he has options for next year.

If I had had a bunch of alcohol here, I would've made a drinking game of how many times Ralph made a point of saying "Lorentho". Yeah yeah, we get it...

It was good seeing Rainey.

I really miss the old days of the scary bikes (2-strokes) w/o all the electronics. Too tame now. I admire their talent and skills, but its not the same.

I think everyone hopes the same even Rossi. I think Audi came in a little to late. Rossi is expected to make an announcement about his decision before Indy. And those are words out of his mouth..... I don't think ducati has showed him anything near enough to keep him around.

I'm not sure Audi can commit to Ducati's promises to Rossi. They came in too late in the game (in my opinion).

As for Spies, he can't buy luck at the moment. I haven't seen if he's gonna announce before Indy or not. Would love to see him stay in GP's but there just isn't a ride for him anywhere. And he'd be an idiot to head to Ducati with how that bike is right now. Can't wait to hear what he's doin for next year... along with Hopper.

Audi needs to invest a major R&D cash dump for Ducati to get things together with Rossi and Nicky. Duc is just slow moving with chassis/susp redesign, and believe they're still on the old frame aren't they? At least thats what was said by Ralph Malph and The Kentuckian.

Ben will probably go back to pilot a WSB in which he has had a lot of offers for, not sure which team he'll choose out of those asking for him. Props to the man for racing with a broken heel, and at least his 2nd highside of the weekend was softer than during qualifying. Just no match for the Repsol riders and LorenTHO:nono:

Loved Stoner robbing the pole from Jorge. Hate that silky smooth little Spaniard! :D Was great until he got it back a lap later, but no matter since Casey had him covered the whole race. The soft rear tire choice was definitely finding the missing link for the Honda win.

Stoner was pissed about losing the pole due to CRT qualifying traffic, but thats the game and its the same for the whole field.

Did I hear Ben say they had a swingarm linkage failure that caused his crash?

Yup, swingarm failure. If you watch it in slow mo on the motogp feed you can see the swingarm fail just as the bike gets to full compression. Talk about horrible luck.

ducati should just stick to WSBK.

Ducati isn't in WSBK as a factory team. Do you want them to enter with the Panigale? Because the carbon fiber box frameless unit did so well in MotoGP?

At least the Althea 1098R with the trellis is still competitive. What's up with Checa these days? He seemed to have a good first few races and then has gone cold.

Ducati isn't in WSBK as a factory team. Do you want them to enter with the Panigale? Because the carbon fiber box frameless unit did so well in MotoGP?

At least the Althea 1098R with the trellis is still competitive. What's up with Checa these days? He seemed to have a good first few races and then has gone cold.

yeah i should have phrased that differently lol. ducati should have just stuck to WSBK. ;)

their factory teams were quite successful. although i actually read something a month or so ago that said there were strong rumors they were coming back to WSBK for 2013. its a shame they can not replicate their WSBK success in MotoGP.

yeah i should have phrased that differently lol. ducati should have just stuck to WSBK. ;)

their factory teams were quite successful. although i actually read something a month or so ago that said there were strong rumors they were coming back to WSBK for 2013. its a shame they can not replicate their WSBK success in MotoGP.

Same with Suzuki in AMA vs Motogp/WSBK