Thinking about getting a new bike...

Limitedslip7

I've put about 5000 miles on my 2004 R6 since I bought it as my first bike last August. I've painted it, put on an exhaust/chain/sprocket, and done a few other minor mods to it. It's been a reliable bike and was great at the track day I recently went to, but I do get tired of having to rev the piss out of it to go anywhere quickly and rides over an hour long get kind of brutal. I've been thinking about getting something along the lines of a Speed Triple this winter. I'm looking for something that perform as well or better than the R6. Mostly for street riding with 3-4 track days per year.

Anyone have any suggestions?

The thing here is the track day part. The bikes being suggested are good choices for longer hauls and great street rides, but the key to the OP's comments was "perform as well as the R6 at the track". The VFR and FZs are not going to be that good. FZ better than the VFR, but I think maybe something like the R6 Sport might be something to consider. It is a motor that has more low end torque and is still a great track bike.

Or, consider something like the 675. More torque, but possibly as brutal on the longer hauls, but seems to be more user friendly for street riding.

Or, buy a good used bike like an older VFR, etc and keep the R6...

VFR or SV if you are tired of the I4

FZ1 or Ninja1000 if you don't mind still having an I4

My corner speed is slow and the torque and power in the low end of the VFR helps me out greatly. Its comfortable and can hang with a true sport bike no problem with the right set of rider skills

I've been manning up for a year! A few weeks ago I decided it would be a good idea to ride the 1.5 hour trip up to Erie, ride my Superjet with a -4" pole for 3 hours, then ride back. I was all manned out after that...

I do really like the bike, I just figured there might be something else out there that is even better. Anyone know anywhere I could test ride a Speed Triple?

your describing an r1 (more spacious and comfy then r6, never have to rev the piss out of it, its not as good as an r6 on the track but your only doing 1or 2 days a year and even when you do them it will still be a fun bike to ride)

get an 03+ fuel injected R1

Another vote for the Speed Triple or Street Triple. Don't overlook the smaller Street Triple. That 675 engine is sweet.

You could definitely do track days on either. They won't be as good on the track as your R6, of course, but they will work better in the rest of the world. I did a track day on my Speed Triple years ago when it was newish. I love taking my Daytona 675 to the track, but I could not live with it as my only streetbike, given the traveling I like to do.

Tl1000, either the s or the r. I've owned and rode a lot of bikes but the tl is my fave. Heli bars and an aftermarket seat and you can put in a 200 mile day with little difficulty. Monster torque from 4k on up, 10.5k redline and lots of power above 7k. It sounds like the end of the world coming down the street. Only drawbacks are weak aftermarket, eats rear tires and chains and while it feels faster than anything you've ever ridden, a 600rr will pass it once it gets up into the revs....and the rear damper is a bit weak.