wreck Saturday - US52 Manchester Ohio

Ken45

"reasonable settlement" is pretty much the idea.

I hope your recovery continues.  Financially, and physically. 

anecdotally, big name law firms can be hit or miss.  I have not personally dealt with anyone from Elk & Elk, and this is less relevant when you're paying them on a contingent fee basis, but someone is paying for their TV commercials and office space.  Again, I am not saying big farms aren't good attorneys, and certainly not criticizing Elk & Elk in particular.   I would just encourage everyone to check with their local bar association before calling a lawyer with the most frequent TV commercial.

I interact with all kinds of defense attorneys on a daily basis.  Some are charging $400/hr and others are charging less than $100/hr.  The best advocates are usually the ones charging in the $100 - $200 range.  They're working their butts off because they DON'T have the client demand to support a $400/hr fee, and they rely on referrals to generate business.  They also don't have the overhead (i.e. office space, secretary, and advertising) that require them to charge so much.  Some of the best attorneys I know work out of their homes.   It allows them to charge a reasonable amount, and doesn't remotely affect the quality of their work.

• Upvote 1