Dream Ride 2012 setup

TheBrown57

:lol: you guys are crazy. 41 degrees at 7a.m. I'm gonna sit this one out have fun though

When I first started riding I did 30 and above. As the years past I lost the newb anxiousness of riding so nowadays 55+ for me and sunshine. I wasn't going anyway though because it's not my type of ride.

Hope all is safe on it though that goes. :)

When I first started riding I did 30 and above. As the years past I lost the newb anxiousness of riding so nowadays 55+ for me and sunshine. I wasn't going anyway though because it's not my type of ride.

Hope all is safe on it though that goes. :)

Yeah I'm not too big on the cold part :lol:

its going to be warm by noon, like in upper 50s i guess. give it a try in am, if it looks too bad. head back.

I hope i will be able to tolerate it, :(

Leave at 8 to be at Comp at 8:30 = air temp@42

Leave comp at 9 = air temp@44

That's about 5-10 degrees below minimum comfortable weather for me.

Wish I coulda gone I saw hellmut snot and Idk who else ride by my shop!!

That was Gunner75 with us on our way to CompAcc. Wish you could have went too, it was a damn good time and the state really did a good job on the roads down there vs. the crap we have to ride up our way. Now I want to move there! :D

Great ride yesterday fellas! Even the slabbing felt good since I hadn't ridden in a month. Thanks the the party planners -- Ninjadoc &co. -- for a great idea done well..

I was in the slow group and we had a great time. We were NEVER LOST, we just weren't sure we were on the designated loop! Doesn't matter down there, every turn brings more great riding.

Wasn't sure what to expect from riding with the group and didn't know the route ahead of time (my bad), so next time it'll be on a more sporting machine. No matter, the popoglide was fun too!

I envy your ride when you got there but not the ride there or back. That had to be freezing!

I had 5 layers on top and 3 below, my hands were the coldest. It was still cold through the layers as well. It took hours to warm up, it was worth it.

Yeah the hands were the worst for me. I layered up so it wasnt bad other than numb throttle fist, kept shoving my clutch hand into the side fairing and kept it warm LOL. We didnt leave CompAcc until after 10am, so the ride to Newark wasn't nearly as hateful. The ride home was even decent until we hit Western Columbus and the sun started setting, then it got chilly again quick.

I freaking loved the curves down there wish there were roads like that around here. going to have to take that route again next year when it warms up. ( and also some better tires) them shinco,s suck ass.

I had a blast, weather not so bad. Good gear really extends the riding season. Shop around at clearance time, think I have about $275 in jacket, pants and boots on yesterday. Felt good all day. Cobrat and I left on a ride last year at about 34 degrees no problem, don't say much for our sanity but I was never cold. Just remember the the Polar Bear Rides coming up in a few months.

I freaking loved the curves down there wish there were roads like that around here. going to have to take that route again next year when it warms up. ( and also some better tires) them shinco,s suck ass.

Get a set of Q2's and you'll love cornering that much more, well worth the extra money imo. I have a balance issue on mine somewhere but they still performed awesome in the cold, cant wait to see how much better they'll act with some heat and better surface temps