Dream Ride 2012 setup

TheBrown57

I had on a tee-shirt under a sweat shirt under a mesh riding jacket with only the rain liner in it. I pulled the quilted liner out at the meet up. It was way too warm.

My lowers were a pair of jeans covered with riding pants with both the rain and quilted liner. I was sweaty from waist down the whole time. I should have left the quilted liner out and I would have been fine.

I was wearing my summer riding gloves, leather with mesh tops, and I was just fine.

I would have been fine in much colder temperatures the way I dressed. It was my first time riding in those temperatures and I really didn't know what to expect.

My road 2's were great! And for those down here by me, Sport Tour LTD is great for gear. Great prices!

Let me know when one of those polar bear rides is :D

Cobrat & I went on the New Years Day more of a meet up thing. It was at Talitas Mexican Kitchen in Grove City. We got a Polar Bear pin for showing. We could do a group ride weather permitting. Last time it was 48 degrees when we met up at Buchmans Harley in Xenia 50 and raining when we left for home about 11:30 half hour later it was 34 rain /sleet and and 30 -40 mph wind from the north. Had a blast. lol

Cobrat & I went on the New Years Day more of a meet up thing. It was at Talitas Mexican Kitchen in Grove City. We got a Polar Bear pin for showing. We could do a group ride weather permitting. Last time it was 48 degrees when we met up at Buchmans Harley in Xenia 50 and raining when we left for home about 11:30 half hour later it was 34 rain /sleet and and 30 -40 mph wind from the north. Had a blast. lol

My boys have shriveled just thinking about riding in that! Freakin BRRRRR!

I did a new years day ride this past new years. I rode my friends shadow since my bike at the time was out for mechanical work :p

It was a short ride, definitely want to do a longer one let me know when you guys are going!

Come on Hellmutt, I'm old and weak. If I can do it so can you.

Even though I'm "factory insulated", I hate the cold even when bundled up. I'm cold-blooded and prefer warmer temps for sure. Although I applaud your faith in me, I'm just not a fan of winter weather, especially on 2 wheels with snow or salt on the roads.

• Upvote 1

Even though I'm "factory insulated", I hate the cold even when bundled up. I'm cold-blooded and prefer warmer temps for sure. Although I applaud your faith in me, I'm just not a fan of winter weather, especially on 2 wheels with snow or salt on the roads.

"factory insulated" :lol:

I seem to always emit heat and love cold weather, it was 40's on the way to work and I was loving it :D

I think I will try and set up a OR New Years day ride sometime in Dec. :cool: