Ducati Monster on 670 Yesterday - One of you?

JohnG

Was out on the VFR at lunch yesterday and had a rather interesting mishap. I had been to Microcenter and picked up a USB to serial 9 pin converter cable so I can check out my PCII. Not wanting to put the thing in my jacket, I stashed it under the back half of the Sargeant seat.

All was well until I headed east from downtown on 670 thru the construction zone - 45 mph and they patrol it heavily. When I hit the end of construction, I goosed it up to freeway speed and felt something bumping against my ass. The back half of the seat had come loose, the package under the seat must have interfered with the latch. So, pinning the seat half between my chest and the tank, I headed for the side of the road.

After a quick fix, I saw an opening in traffic and hammered on it - hard - to get off the side of the freeway. Just shy of red line in first and second, then quickly back to normal. The acceleration was intoxicating. Exiting at 5th Avenue and coasting up to stop for the light, I see another bike briskly approaching from behind. A very pretty Ducati Monster pulls up and we chatted briefly while waiting for the light to change. He compliments the viffer and says, "I could hear you in front of me, even over the Ducati". :eek::rolleyes: To top it off, when I got to the Bexley Coffee Shop, my friend says, "I heard you coming." :wtf: So, now I know how loud the TBR exhaust can be. :D Note to self: be mindful of the exhaust note in certain places...

• 2 weeks later...