Motorcycle Maxx - Liars

NateBob

This place really has me upset. I was talking with a salesman about 6 weeks ago about the pre-owned Ducati 748R they have in stock. I was really suspicious that it was a real 748R because I had done my research and noticed it was missing a few tell-tale items (wheels, plaque stating #/1000 on triple tree, it is a biposto when they only made monoposto/single seat). In spite of this I asked them for the VIN and ran the info and confirmed its a reguler 748. I told the salesman and he said they would change the ad but they still haven't. I followed up with an e-mail telling them its false advertizing and they should change it, but they still have it up! They are running this whole ad about how its got the "shower injector" system (complete lie, carburated), carbon fiber airbox (another lie), ohlins suspension (you guessed it), etc.

I feel bad for the guy that sees this "rare" Duc and makes an impulse buy and ends up with a regular 748 (still a cool bike) and for the dealer to knowingly let it happen is dispicable IMO.

Sorry. Rant over. Just wanted to warn any potential buyers out there.

clue #1: "over $30,000 invested" and "only" $5,999 ?

clues 2-7 listed in post #1.

Place used to be the infamous Hinds Motorsports. Jeff Hinds' kid's name is Max. Any chance the kid is a chip off the ol' block and is running a shady shop?

Buyer beware, anyone who buys it without checking it out probably has more money than brains anyway. I agree it's dishonest on the part of the dealer, but if a person just buys it because of the prestige, and doesn't really know what it is, then i'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

edit:

Place used to be the infamous Hinds Motorsports. Jeff Hinds' kid's name is Max. Any chance the kid is a chip off the ol' block and is running a shady shop?

did not know that, so I think we have a winnah winnah chicken dinnah

Reminds me of the kid that showed up to a Subaru meet in his "new to him (2007) Subaru STi".

He was so happy...he had an STi, bragging about how fast it was, how good it handled...

Then someone noticed the brakes, or lack thereof.

And that it was a 5 speed.

We popped the hood(it had a scoop on it), and WTF...no intercooler!!

It had some cheap ass cold air tube, and that was it!

The kid, probably 17 or 18 almost started to cry.

Everyone was laughing at him(I wasn't, I was shocked).

He left, and he was never heard from again.

He joined Central Ohio Subaru about a week before, saw that we meet every Friday night, came...then never logged on again.

True Story, I Shit You Not.

Never heard of this place ( old name or new ) but after reading this, I surely wont be buying anything from 'em. Its a sad situation when patrons have to correct the professional dealer(s) about the very products they're peddling :nono:

Hack shops like this should be better critiqued by the BBB and advised to either self-educate or cease to exist

Only been in there twice, the salesman I talked to was a huge d-bag. Said his wrist was broken because he punched a burgler and that he had sold all five of his guns the night before it happened or he would have shot him for sure. Also said that the Continential SportAttacks I had just bought elsewhere were complete shit because he slid all the way through an intersection at a red light on a bike equipped with them. I just kind of backed out slowly and never returned...

Only been in there twice, the salesman I talked to was a huge d-bag. Said his wrist was broken because he punched a burgler and that he had sold all five of his guns the night before it happened or he would have shot him for sure. Also said that the Continential SportAttacks I had just bought elsewhere were complete shit because he slid all the way through an intersection at a red light on a bike equipped with them. I just kind of backed out slowly and never returned...

That is pretty shocking even in a more relaxed sales environment of a motorcycle store. I'm glad to hear his riding skills are as bad as his people skills.

I bought my VTX there back in 2005. They were pretty much bags as well. I had to chase a salesman down. They said I couldn't get financed unless I had a down payment. So when we went to sign they applied for a Yamaha card and used $2000 from that for a down payment. Now that I'm in banking I realize he was full of it and probably getting a spiff for selling a credit card. I also sold cars so now I'm educated and can spot B.S from a mile away.

Either way I got the bike paid off early and still love it. I've dealt with much better since then.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Bought my first bike from Hinds. Didn't get a break on the price but my gear (helmet/leathers/boots/gloves) was half-off as part of the deal. No issue for me. Different people have different experiences.

Regarding misidentified vehicles... I went to look at a car for my wife and I saw two apparently identical SUVs side-by-side Both labelled as 4wd. Sat in both of them, then noticed one of them didn't have a tcase lever, or button on the dash. I told the sales guy it was 2wd and he argued. I pointed out the lack of tcase lever and he said it was and automatic tcase. I pointed out the front hubs were not locking hubs - he said they were automatic locking hubs. Exasperated, I crawled under the SUV and found... no front differential, no tcase (and no front driveshafts coming out of the sides of the trans) etc. The front wheels were just on spindles. I got back up and told him it was a 2wd for sure and he reluctantly agreed to change the window sticker and print ad. 2 months later, still there, still listed as 4wd.

Recently we have been shopping for a new(er) car. Using the internet, I started calling dealers about cars on their internet sites. After finding many 'no longer for sale' I was told that most of the dealers only update their sites 'occasionally', some once a week, some even more infrequently.

I'm sure bike dealers are much the same.

Bought my first bike from Hinds. Didn't get a break on the price but my gear (helmet/leathers/boots/gloves) was half-off as part of the deal. No issue for me. Different people have different experiences.

Regarding misidentified vehicles... I went to look at a car for my wife and I saw two apparently identical SUVs side-by-side Both labelled as 4wd. Sat in both of them, then noticed one of them didn't have a tcase lever, or button on the dash. I told the sales guy it was 2wd and he argued. I pointed out the lack of tcase lever and he said it was and automatic tcase. I pointed out the front hubs were not locking hubs - he said they were automatic locking hubs. Exasperated, I crawled under the SUV and found... no front differential, no tcase (and no front driveshafts coming out of the sides of the trans) etc. The front wheels were just on spindles. I got back up and told him it was a 2wd for sure and he reluctantly agreed to change the window sticker and print ad. 2 months later, still there, still listed as 4wd.

Hinds fuck-ups and idiocy is legendary......trust me.

Never heard of this place ( old name or new ) but after reading this, I surely wont be buying anything from 'em. Its a sad situation when patrons have to correct the professional dealer(s) about the very products they're peddling :nono:

Hack shops like this should be better critiqued by the BBB and advised to either self-educate or cease to exist

the problem is, the BBB is nothing more than a scam. if a company gets a bad review, the BBB gives them the option to pay them to make it "go away".

plus the BBB does not confirm the complaint at all. which is why a lot of businesses have decided to not bother joining the BBB.

they are NOT any kind of authority on anything. they're just a leach on businesses trying to make a buck.

google bbb is a scam.

here is a 20/20 video of top name companies getting F ratings since they wont pay for a membership.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/business-bureau-best-ratings-money-buy/story?id=12123843

Edited by serpentracer

Obviously not, same building and probably some previous employees as well. You can't have punk ass kids selling bikes, and you can't have punk ass kids working on bikes.
Didn't someone already say it was a different owner/crew?

I heard it has nothing to do with Hind's.