Red Bull Stratos Jump TODAY

Tomcat0403

http://jalopnik.com/5949373/watch-red-bulls-record-breaking-stratos-space-jump-live-right-now?utm_source=gizmodo.com&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculation

Live feed starts at 0830. He will be free falling 22 miles and becoming the first man to break the sound barrier without a vehicle. He definitely has some brass balls the size of cantaloupes.

Hoping to put this up on a projector at work, hopefully it still happens today. Looks like earliest launch could be ~1:30 here, with ascent taking somewhere between 2-3 hours. Jump around 3:30-4:30? Godspeed Felix!

Man I hope he survives.

Well as sick and twisted as I am, I do agree with you "mostly".

I however hope that "if" he passes that he is hooked to a remote feed 12 lead heart monitor and pulse ox as well as video feed because I am morbidly curious to see his stats and what an exploding heart looks like on a monitor.

For myself (Oct 9th 2001) and a friend (Oct 9th 2002) October 9th has not been a good day to do fun things. Just one year apart from one another we both managed to break a leg jumping dirt bikes, I hope that bad luck doesn't play on Felix in his jump today.

Do you know Felix? If not I'd say he's safe from your jinx.

:D

Scientists can be so stupid sometimes. Why not pre-fill the balloon partly and have it ready for the final fill while the weather window permits instead of trying to fill the whole damn thing at one time. This way when the weather of opportunity begins to shrink you're not waiting on the most important part.