65 degree Saturday spirit

NinjaDoc

Sorry I didn't make it guys, I wrecked on the way, nothing major just in hospital for a check up, enjoy your ride guys, keep the rubber side down, fuck cold tires or frost spot.

sorry this happened BB, the good thing is your doing okay. Next year hopefully we get to ride again.

Nice ride. It was nice to meet all of you. Thanks for leading Nivin. You did a good job.

thx jschaf, hope you guys had a good time

Also, when Nivin says 'slow' or 'moderate', he lies.

dont spread rumors :D you had a grin on your face all the time, tell me you liked it. and wanted more of this

I had a great time. Was definitely a harder ride than I'm used to. I'm familiar with most of those roads and was trying to stay caught up. My little 650 just doesn't have the raw power the rest of you have when exiting the corners. With as much fun as it was i think it will be my last long ride in state for the rest of the year. Those cold mornings are definitely taking their toll on my body. Was good meeting all of you from up that way

sent from my galaxy s 3 using tapatalk

Edit: never mind, Jerry just txted me roamer rides an SV 1000

That's the first time I wrecked sober. I was feeling confident in my skills after carving some tricky stuff on the southbound leg and keeping up.with the cool kids. 10 mph slower and a back tire that wasn't bald and I would have made that turn. Oh well, hard lesson.

no worries sam, there are only two kind of riders in this world, one who crashed and one who will crash some day. every one makes mistake some day, experience and saddle time gives you the advantage of minimizing the mistake not eliminating it completely.

Edited by NinjaDoc

Great ride guys nice meeting all of you. Nivin did a great job leading. I think I'm logged 440 miles for the day and got home about 630. I hope you guys don't mind if I start ridn with your group a little more

always welcome. Hope the pace was okay with you. I kept thinking you were on an sv 650, and that made it worse and was like no matter how much i twist the throttle your right on my tail hehehe

I did indeed have a good time, I just don't want anyone to think that I thought that was a 'moderate' pace :D

true true, we really need to do moderate rides so new riders dont stay away from this circus act :D

Dang 3 riders down today? That sux, glad all of them walked away.

I just got back from laying down about 100+ miles tonight, that wind was starting to kick my butt on the highway around 10pm. I got lost on the way home and ended up in orgonia, so that was fun, but I didn't do anything too exciting like y'all.

I know I didn't I just felt a few times I was riding forever with no one in sight. I really do appreciate everyone waiting for me. I'd probably be more confident if I had someone who rode like I do.

maybe we should go for a ride tomorrow (sunday) I would be starting from the valley.

Strange thing.. after I went through that corner I thought' date=' "Man, that tightened up real quick.." Then, I saw Sam lowside into the weeds. I was literally 50' in front of him. I spun around and by the time I got to him he was already helmetless and smoking a cigarette. I was impressed by these ninja-smoking skillz.[/quote']

:plus1:

Once I stopped chipping lumber and turfing the ditch I did a quick check for broken bones and missing appendages. Once I knew I was ok I got up and stripped my gear off, grabbed some log and fired up a camel to mitigate the adrenaline shakes.

This ain't my first BBQ.

12 hrs and many beers, tacos, cheeseburgers and shots later and having (with the help of my defacto brother in law) put the bike in and out of a pickup using 6 foot ramps, I'm sore as fuck and have huge bruises on my left knee, thigh, hip, forearm and shoulder. The upper body bruises I have cleverly hidden behind tattoos, the lower not so much.

Got home and sold my old fridge and oven to some kid from craigslist...just what I wanted to do, hump my old shit up the basement steps, but it was a quick couple hundred bucks.

Tomorrow I will ride the wave of wreck sympathy for as long as it carries me, hopefully an un-interrupted browns game and being excused from grocery shopping.

Oh yeah, I proposed and she said yes, so I guess we're getting married....

Big day.....

Since I actually attended an OR ride, I figured I should sign up with OhioRiders.net...Great meeting everyone. Sam, sorry for your misfortune, but it sounds like your day ended on a good note! Look forward to seeing more of you guys out on future rides.

Dave G.

damn sounds like a ton of shit! Glad I missed it but the pace sounded like it ended up pretty awesome :D

Even if I wanted to make it, I would've been pissed to find the VFR dead as a door knob yet again. I don't know what the fuck the problem with this thing is but when I'm not pissed and wanting to kick it over I'll start checking it out. Looks like I'm done for the season :(

Strange thing.. after I went through that corner I thought' date=' "Man, that tightened up real quick.." Then, I saw Sam lowside into the weeds. I was literally 50' in front of him. I spun around and by the time I got to him he was already helmetless and smoking a cigarette. I was impressed by these ninja-smoking skillz.[/quote']

true that, when ever i see him degear he already has a cig on magically,

maybe we should go for a ride tomorrow (sunday) I would be starting from the valley.

watch out for strong winds today towards evening in north

Oh yeah, I proposed and she said yes, so I guess we're getting married....

Big day.....

Congo man , congo

Since I actually attended an OR ride, I figured I should sign up with OhioRiders.net...Great meeting everyone. Sam, sorry for your misfortune, but it sounds like your day ended on a good note! Look forward to seeing more of you guys out on future rides.

Dave G.

glad to meet you, core guys dropping by definitely changed the make up of the ride. And it became insane fun. :D

damn sounds like a ton of shit! Glad I missed it but the pace sounded like it ended up pretty awesome :D

Even if I wanted to make it, I would've been pissed to find the VFR dead as a door knob yet again. I don't know what the fuck the problem with this thing is but when I'm not pissed and wanting to kick it over I'll start checking it out. Looks like I'm done for the season :(

you missed it :D, really good day to ride, i think temp reached 70s by 2:00 u need to ride more often then it wont die like that

Dave G.

Glad you could make it out, Dave - always nice riding with you.

I think I need to stay away from that Z1k though. I've always been a fan of those bikes (especially in green) and seeing one in person again makes me think bad (and expensive) thoughts...

Nice ride. Great job' date=' Nivin.

Nivin, not sure what to say about your lies. I guess we're all sinners. However, I'd like to officially don you with the "Moderately-Fast, but not quite Mach-Retard Fast Ride Leader" ball cap. Congratulations, you're the new "go-to" guy for NEO rides from now on. I hope you're up to it.[/quote']

Thx pauly, i find it 100X easier to lead than follow, following needs a whole another skill set, i always tend to target fixate on the bike in front and for sake of ease likes to put at least one corner gap between the front bike so i dont mess up. i dont know how you guys follow nose to tail.

and coming to the speed of ride i always have this doubt, "un written etiquette i dont know" as for me i kind of see who all showed up for the ride and if all good riders try to set faster pace than what was written here. dont know if its right or not, if more new riders came in i would definitely have set a moderate pace. Oh and i consider fast as those ridiculous pace uncle punk kept to burn his brake fluids with turn one, hence i still say we were doing a moderate pace, or like paul said moderate fast pace.

And sorry for the bad roads like 313 and 513, but 821 was a win out of the three chances we took.

Thx pauly, i find it 100X easier to lead than follow, following needs a whole another skill set, i always tend to target fixate on the bike in front and for sake of ease likes to put at least one corner gap between the front bike so i dont mess up. i dont know how you guys follow nose to tail.

and coming to the speed of ride i always have this doubt, "un written etiquette i dont know" as for me i kind of see who all showed up for the ride and if all good riders try to set faster pace than what was written here. dont know if its right or not, if more new riders came in i would definitely have set a moderate pace. Oh and i consider fast as those ridiculous pace uncle punk kept to burn his brake fluids with turn one, hence i still say we were doing a moderate pace, or like paul said moderate fast pace.

And sorry for the bad roads like 313 and 513, but 821 was a win out of the three chances we took.

You do a great job putting a ride together, Nivin - most (including myself) find it much easier to follow. Once you've ridden with people regularly enough to trust the way they ride, you can learn to use their speed and lines as a reference and just look past them in the corners to avoid fixation. With a particular group of people, the pace is going to be what it's going to be, and as long as everyone is riding comfortably within their limits, we'll all have a good time no matter what the 'official' pace might be.

821 was definitely a good find and I wouldn't mind including that on a future route.

Any of the video turn out?

Edited by Hailwood

You do a great job putting a ride together, Nivin - most (including myself) find it much easier to follow. Once you've ridden with people regularly enough to trust the way they ride, you can learn to use their speed and lines as a reference and just look past them in the corners to avoid fixation. With a particular group of people, the pace is going to be what it's going to be, and as long as everyone is riding comfortably within their limits, we'll all have a good time no matter what the 'official' pace might be.

821 was definitely a good find and I wouldn't mind including that on a future route.

Any of the video turn out?

Thx will, Video of just me riding most times, and few back ward angle, if I knew roamer well I would have requested to put the cam on his bike, would have been amazing to get a close up of the ride lol

Next time will try some other good stuff along with some regular roads, 83 and 78 always deliver.

Tim hope to Cya around more,

I couldn't get out yesterday, so I took advantage of the better than expected weather today. I made it down to some SEO favorites. Road conditions were pretty good. All the leaves on the ground were kinda playing tricks with my eyes when scanning for gravel. Got a little wet on the way home, but all things considered a good day.