new girl

ninjachic

Yeah still stalls. Idk what to do. And my phone is gonna die soon.

Just checking in... Are you stranded? If so you might get a better response, I have a truck and ramp but I'm far from you, I bet if you make a new thread you will get help fast! OR people are awesome like that!!

-VanDy

• Upvote 1

best bet: start a new thread, post your number, write your location, and say you have to stop posting cause your battery is about to die and hope for a phone call.

orrr you could always just call a friend to ask for help, but i'd personally go with the "pray for help from strange, obviously fucked up and horny, anonymous leg humpers on the internet" option. fo sho.

no seriously, stop killing your battery by surfing on the web, and call some friends.

• Upvote 1

If you

Sorry brian, you're confusing me... either the physics works this way or it doesn't, you can't have it both ways...

I have no doubt you are a talented rider, and I'm sure you could run circles around me on the track, but the physics don't lie... loading the front tire with the brake DOES increase traction. Same lean angle, same speed, same bike, same rider... someone who has their front tire under load from braking will have more traction to stop faster mid turn (if needed) than someone freewheeling through that same turn.

Is it your practice to let go of the brakes completely as soon as you begin to lean from vertical?

Obviously you can cause a low side if you brake too hard, so I understand the apprehension to encourage new riders to use their brakes unless they are straight up and down.

You are right. Physics is in use and doesn't lie. But, you only have so much traction. As you lean, that traction is less and less and when you apply load in the form of braking or throttle chopping, etc., you load the front to a possible point of loss.

Yes, you load the front, you increaseload. Not always traction. You applying load will increase the potential for more traction, but you can also apply load and lose traction due to pushing beyond the ability to retain traction. Make sense?

Yes, I can trail a brake while full lean even to a degree. But, I am flirting with the loss of traction. You are braking to scrub speed as if braking while leaned over, you are trying to cheat the system. Braking while leaned over means you are trying to push further and further to reduce the time from point "a" to point "b", for example. Or, you screw up and have to brake while leaned over because you got in too hot.

Again, yes... Physics is not going to lie. But, as with physics, the human element isn't going to lie, either. You get in too hot, you probably made a mistake and made a misjudgement. Typically, that means you are somewhat frazzled or paniced and will probably pull too much brake while leaned over... That's not a good thing to teach.

Trail braking is essentially stretching physics. You are riding a gyroscope. Trail braking is an act where you are pushing the limits of traction as whil leaned over vs. striaght up and down is creating a smaller contact patch. Smaller contact patch means more likely to lose traction under severe load.

Basically, you cannot just think that you gai traction while braking and if leaned over, you are still gaining traction. There is a point where it pushes too far. Based on ability and knowledge where that limit is can be the difference between crash and making it through the turn. I can promise that a lot of people haven't made that happen or been in that spot enough to understand when it is starting and prepare to save it when it happens. Thus, a VERY advanced level thing to do and most aren't at that level where they should be taught about it as there are NUMEROUS other things they need to focus on...