I want to ride the 555.

JackFlash

As someone once told me.."It's a destination road".

Ride it once, say you did it, and then go ride the rest of the roads that were mentioned in this thread that will make you forget all about 555.

Seriously.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I have to do it once.

If anyone wants to ride with us, we are meeting at the corner of 21st Street and Church Street at an abandoned gas station at 9am Wednesday morning in Newark. There's a Speedway across the street to gas up.

I'm riding a relaxed pace on this ride. The original idea is to ride to the Belpre / Marietta / Parkersburg area, get a meal at a sit down restaurant, and then ride back. I'm flexible about the routes we take. I just want to enjoy the day.

~ Jack

If anyone wants to ride with us, we are meeting at the corner of 21st Street and Church Street at an abandoned gas station at 9am Wednesday morning in Newark. There's a Speedway across the street to gas up.
newark to far out of my way. were ya starting 555 route, ETA? i'll meet ya there.

We're beginning the 555 in Zanesville where it starts. I understand you were messaged and given the info. I don't know the area so I don't know where around there that you can park until we arrive. I suppose if we have your phone number we can connect when we are in the area unless a meeting place I'm not yet aware of has already been arranged.

If anyone else is interested in this ride and you want to meet us in Zanesville, that's cool with me. Message me your phone number so we can connect before we leave Zanesville so you don't miss us coming through.

The ETA for Zanesville is guessed at 9:45 - 10:00am.

If not a seasoned and experienced rider, I really would avoid that route.

Thanks for the advice, Brian. We've discussed our pace and intend to take it easy with the option of taking another route if the road is more burden than pleasure.

If I come back alive and the bike is unharmed I'll be glad I did it.....once.

Kasler's Country Kitchen in Amesville is a nice place to stop and eat. About 10-12 miles off of 555 on 550 West. If it's still open. Dunno, so many small kitchens have shut down.

Kasler's Country Kitchen

10 State Street, Amesville, OH

(740) 448-7800

It's still there and looks like a nice little place. I remember it at the corner of Walk and Don't Walk. I mean State St. / Rt 550 and Main St. / Rt 329 where we turned right and headed north again.

I'll make a point to get some food there sometime when I'm down that way. Anything on the menu you want to recommend?