went riding today...

tall_tracy

I went riding with a friend today - it's fun to ride with someone other than me, myself & I. Unfortunately(or maybe fortunately) my friend's bike tends to overheat so it cannot tolerate a lot of city streets with stop & go traffic. So after stopping to eat and catch up with each other, he tells me we're trying out the highway... I haven't done that yet UNTIL today. I'm so excited & proud of myself for finally doing it. :D Yay!!!

I'm glad my friend nudged me to do it, and stayed close to make sure I was okay.

That is all, I just wanted to share my good news!!

Awesome! congrats on your first highway experience turning out well :) I vaguely remember mine and thinking that the wind was a little more intense than i thought it would be.

Just keep an eye out for road debris and brake lights!

I actually think the highway is safer, no cross traffic. Just have to watch out for large truck blindspots. Always ride ahead or behind, never beside.

My first time was on a 250, which if you don't know, stands up to semi truck gusts about the same as a paper bag. Definitely didn't expect that!

congrats! i definitely remember my first highway ride, got on 71S at Polaris and I was pretty overwhelmed, I had no choice but to continue at that point and swung around 270 to 23 back to city traffic. If I am riding around here I usually take the freeway now, fewer dangers and higher speed.