Who still has semi-auto rifles for sale?

Scruit

Buckeye Outdoors down here in Lancaster was packed today. And they had very slim pickens. Also said they were not selling cases of ammo anymore, only boxes. I guess I've waited too long too....but I don't really want to buy one from a store....

I bought one tonight at POint Blank in Blue Ash...they mostly only had DPMS' left when I left today. The place was a frickin zoo.

I was there yesterday around noon and it was crazy busy... Apparently everybody had the day off, including myself! Lol :D

Also stopped at Target World, Bass Pro Shops, and Freedom Firearms... All crazy busy too!

I was there yesterday around noon and it was crazy busy... Apparently everybody had the day off, including myself! Lol :D

Also stopped at Target World, Bass Pro Shops, and Freedom Firearms... All crazy busy too!

Did Freedom have a decent selection?

Nobama

I bought one tonight at POint Blank in Blue Ash...they mostly only had DPMS' left when I left today. The place was a frickin zoo.

Went to point blank tonight. Was trying to decide between an AK an an AR. Finally decided on a DPMS AR. Filled out the Backround check and then they lost power. Had to kick everyone out.

Is the DPMS a bad choice? Decent quality? Don't want to spend more than 1k

Nobama

You're still online and supposedly on your way to getting the last AR on the planet.

PUSH THE LOUD PEDAL ON THE RIGHT, NANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at a red light moments away from finally picking up an AR!

A bushmaster for under $1k made me happy

Got my M&P15 for $600 s few months back. You are pretty much SOL if you want an AR now. Once they get through stock and the backorders there should still be time to get one before any ban hits.

Now, imagine if the NRA succeeds in fighting off an AWB... Obama and FeinSwine will have achieved nothing but massively increase the number of semi-auto rifles in private hands. By the time the ban hits everyone who wants one will have a preban one and the ban will make no difference until the republicans get back into power and repeal it.

(*Slow clap*)

An AR for home defense does defy logic. At least I would condtend there are MORE logical choices available.

I've only shot an AR-15 on one occassion, and they're a ton of fun, but I would never call it a "logical" gun to own. I liken it to owning a Ferrari. Fun, but I'll rarely get to use it in the manner for which it was designed. There are many better daily drivers.

in a self defense situation, I feel somewhat the same about an AR-15. Yes they're accurate and can hold a lot of rounds with relively low recoil for the size. But a shotgun is still easier to aim in a panic situation, and won't go through my wall and into my neighbor's house if I miss the bad guy.

The same is true of a .22, except that there's less recoil than the shotgun, and I can carry just as many rounds as the AR.

I'm not advocating that AR's be banned, I'm just saying that I don't personally feel the need to own one.

Most AR's are used for hunting or target shooting, as you already said there are much better choices for home defense. But in the right hands an AR is a very good home defensive weapon.

Went to point blank tonight. Was trying to decide between an AK an an AR. Finally decided on a DPMS AR. Filled out the Backround check and then they lost power. Had to kick everyone out.

Is the DPMS a bad choice? Decent quality? Don't want to spend more than 1k

Nobama

I stopped by PB this evening as well to pick up my M4. A guy was there buying an FN SCAR that they put out on the floor about an hour previous. Had I seen it, I would have bought it too and sold the M4. There were still a fair amount of people there but they had what looked to be a crapload of DPMS AR's.

I'm not expert by any stretch but DPMS are ok but are cheaper because they use lesser materials and build processes than some of the more expensive ones like Daniel Defense, etc.

I stopped by PB this evening as well to pick up my M4. A guy was there buying an FN SCAR that they put out on the floor about an hour previous. Had I seen it, I would have bought it too and sold the M4. There were still a fair amount of people there but they had what looked to be a crapload of DPMS AR's.

I'm not expert by any stretch but DPMS are ok but are cheaper because they use lesser materials and build processes than some of the more expensive ones like Daniel Defense, etc.

Smoke and mirrors........

A 1 ounce slug or 00 buckshot will go right through your wall. Frangible home defense rounds for AR15 won't.

I know where you can get dpms Ar15 for $600-750 depending on options. I have a private dealer.

Well crap I wish I knew this yesterday! Though I don't think I overpaid for the Bushmaster I picked up so I'm not too sad about it

A 1 ounce slug or 00 buckshot will go right through your wall. Frangible home defense rounds for AR15 won't.

I know where you can get dpms Ar15 for $600-750 depending on options. I have a private dealer.

PM sent.