AR15 flip up irons - whats on your carbine?

Helmutt

OK this one flips down, better LOL! all day long...Uses allen head bolts no pins.

http://www.cgwgun.com/Iron-BUIS-Sights/ARMS-AR15-Gas-Block__ARMS-41-B.aspx

Damn! That costs what I plan to spend on both! AND pretty sure my bbl is 5/8" not 3/4"

The only problem with the OP gun is it is gas block mounted, so a no go on mbus front on the block.

This set would be my choice IF I had not already bought what I have on there now.http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=362

Edited by speedytriple

I've got a Matech an ARMS rears both are nice. Heard good things about the MI flip ups.

http://www.cgwgun.com/MATECH-BUIS-Sight__MATECH-BU.aspx

I think this Matech is tits! Windage AND elevation adjustable to 600m, 1/2 moa, alloy and under $100. Seems like a really versatile unit for the money, I'm putting this one at the top of my list

Like it has been stated MI, YHM, Troy, all make great products. I MIGHT go to the cuyahoga falls gun show in the morning to see if I can sell a few things I have and find a MI sight.

If that is the one on Bath Rd. I should be there first thing in the morning with a couple friends.

I have an m-forgery I built with LRB lower, with Yankee hill free-float tube. (drilled and tapped, fully customizable rails wise) Wilson combat barrel, dpms upper, moe grip and stock, ASAP sling mount, magpul single-double sling, eotech 512, MI buis and neato skull mag release button and custom trigger job (5 buttery, no-creep pounds) that I would have asked $2200 for 2 months ago. Now I'm thinking $3500...after the awb is passed maybe 6k?

Think ill just hold onto it....I do love my "Evelyn"

http://www.cgwgun.com/MATECH-BUIS-Sight__MATECH-BU.aspx

I think this Matech is tits! Windage AND elevation adjustable to 600m, 1/2 moa, alloy and under $100. Seems like a really versatile unit for the money, I'm putting this one at the top of my list

They can be found on ar15.com or m4carbine.net for 35-50 bucks NIP. Not sure about their prices after the panic.

They can be found on ar15.com or m4carbine.net for 35-50 bucks NIP. Not sure about their prices after the panic.

Thanx man, I've been frequenting there since we bought ours so I'll check them out but the online price I'm seeing is just a bit over $90 so not too bad in comparison to other units

Nice piece - would love a DD - looks like your optic has a quick release to use the irons? I have a red dot but its mounted forward enough so that the flip ups should sight through it, hopefully.....if not, I'll need to nab a different riser.

Wow, Troy Ind are expensive little buggers too, was wanting to stay way under $200/set - a T.I. rear and cheaper front might be an option though

That's how my other Ar is set up, Aimpoint in a Larue mount so the troys give a lower 1/3 co-witness. To be honest, this one is intended to be set up the same way, but I had the bipod and scope setups sitting in the safe already, so threw them on here for now. They are intended for the .308 I count on having built this year. :)

Went to the cuyahoga show today. Watched two guys outside sell new in the box AR's, one DPMS and the other an Armalite...$1100 ea. Get into the show and find an identical M&P15 OR on a table with a tag for *drum roll* $1999!! I only paid $850 for mine!! I understand marking shit up due to demand but 3x the price!! Come on.

Didn't see shit at the show. One guy had steel Brownells 30 rd. mags for $28. Anything 30 rnd and plastic started at $45 and went up from there.

We did find two guys that had new .45 XDs guns. One guy had two for $599 out the door and another had one for $559 plus tax. Neither would do anything on the prices, especially when we talked about taking all of them right there cash purchase. So we called an FFL friend and if he can find them we're going to save a GOOD chunk of change.