New to Ohio Riders

Connie14

Here is a photo from the beginning of last year. I replaced the passenger's back rest with a Givi trunk.

Guys on another forum did the same and really good equip too. May as well Wing it up a little. I've read they're detuned from the ZX, but still a powerplant. I really wanted one when I bought my 14, just couldn't swing $10k+ for a bike in '09. They handle some spirited play but can be thirsty, hard riding and I'm lucky to avg 20 mpg but ya gotta enjoy the pull :D Connie's probably my next step.

My 1000 can out run a C14. Your ZX14 will put my 1000 to shame.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Surely in the straights, but between me and that porkchop I'm at a huge centrifugal DISadvantage so you'd make some up in the corners :D

The C14 and FJR's are still fairly capable for what they are and how much they weigh. I love my hypersport, but the older I get the more appreciation I have for less maintenance and more comfort. Shaftdrive, electronic ws, luggage, and a tourer riding position are sounding better every year

Edited by Hellmutt

I have always wanted to ride one of the newer liter sport bikes, zx-14, and busa. I had a gsxr 750 in the 90's. I had to sell it and quit riding for a lack of fear and respect of doing anything resembling the speed limit.

The Concours runs a mid to high 10 second quarter mile, so it isn't as fast as any of those other bikes. I am a little older than I used to be, and I have a family to supply for. The Concours is more than fast enough for my purposes. It can go long distances with minimal stops. We did the majority of Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway in a single day last year without any discomfort. I will hit Deals Gap and ride the remainder of the Blue Ridge in July in a single day.

If you want to go really fast, a true sport bike is the best bike available. If you want comfort and the ability to go pretty fast, a sport touring bike is a nice alternative. My only gripe with the C14 was the need to get a reflash to have all the available power on the bottom end.

I

Are you on the COG forum? My dad sent his CDI out of his C14 to somewhere in PA, not sure who or where.

My comment was just commenting on the power difference between the motors. Not a knock against the C14. I've finally transitioned from sport to sport touring and beyond happy. What use to be an uncomfortable 300 mile day has turned into a more than pleasant 600-700 mile day.

Welcome btw. If you aren't a member of the COG forum, sign up, check it out and consider riding down to Suches, GA for the run with the wolf rally in April.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes , I am a COG member. He most likely sent it to Don Guhl at Guhl Motorsports. It is hands down the best single motorcycle modification I have ever made (for the cost). I am sure your dad would confirm.

I didn't take offense to the comment on the motors. I have heard the same thing on COG from people that have owned both C14s and ZX14s. That is what makes me want to ride one of the ZX14s.

In life everyone must make their own journey. No one motorcycle is perfect for everyone. The only funny, frustrating, or offensive opinion is when someone thinks that every motorcycle rider should own a certain brand of motorcycle. (Which coincides with their favorite brand).:rh1: