Any HD Riders out there?

AKIRA

I am shocked and amazed that no one has bought our daughter HD apparel yet.

My wife's friends know I ride, but they have no concept of how/what I ride.  The only piece of motorcycle baby clothing we own is a Road Racing World.com onesie, and that's sized so that she can wear it during race season, so still huge on her at this point.

This forum is filled with educated riders who respect gear , and have a clue when it comes to riding. You too are in the minority - for every sport biker I see in a power ranger suit ( that's funny ) I see 10 squids wearing Adidas pants , shorts, flip flops or unlaced high tops , with a shirt with the sides cut out showing some star tattoo or lame saying. Then they top it off with a unbuckled cheap helmet. Sit on west 6th in Cleveland And watch them ride buy all day. Harley guys don't do much to help their cause , but not all sport guys wear the gear or live the lifestyle. They pose too. I'm sure they pad heavy duty's numbers.

Dustin you should browse eBay , Craigslist , ect. And look at the miles on most sport bikes . There is a lot more low miles sport bikes than any other type. I have been looking for a sport tourer hardcore and have noticed this daily. Other than the sport touring rides most 3-5 yr old sport bikes in the north have less than 7k on them. I average that every year. Just saying !

Could have to do with sportbikes not being made, designed or intended to be comfortable? Sport touring bikes like an FJR or a Concours 14, many times are going to have allot of miles on them, but just like many HD riders out there, they too may not be ridden much. Some just like to throw allot of money into a bike for bragging rights, but many times all those add on's and modifications rarely get used if ever. ;) 

There are certainly pleanty of posers & idiots on any style of motorcycle. 

Harley used to be a considered a performance motorcycle.  They used to have the biggest baddest motors you could get on 2 wheels.  Somewhere around 1965, HD forgot how to innovate.  HD's biggest engineering feat in the last 30 years has been the move from carbs to FI, and that was forced on them by the EPA.

Personally, I would prefer to own something American.  I have owned three Buells...EBR is showing signs of life...I would really love for the largest American motorcycle manufacturer to create an impressive, performance machine on par with bikes from other manufacturers. 

Dustin you should browse eBay , Craigslist , ect. And look at the miles on most sport bikes . There is a lot more low miles sport bikes than any other type. I have been looking for a sport tourer hardcore and have noticed this daily. Other than the sport touring rides most 3-5 yr old sport bikes in the north have less than 7k on them. I average that every year. Just saying !

I know a wonderful 06 VFR800 for sale :D

I could ride my '99 Magna at a respectable 6 or 7/10ths pace.  Of course it's also the only bike I've ever crashed.  The rear wheel lost traction in a bumpy left hand turn and low sided :(   

Wrong tool for the job.  I've taken that same turn much faster on other bikes without issue.

I know a wonderful 06 VFR800 for sale :D

Great bike , but I'm looking a bit more heavy sport family. Connie or bmw GT . Maybe FJR but I don't love the looks. Trying to go down to 1 bike so I can enjoy other hobbies that take $$$ . I do like the triumphs too, but I want to try something a bit bigger with a shaft. Never had a modern shaft drive. My V65 saber and V- max left the stable a long time ago. Fun bike that didn't stop or turn!

Could have to do with sportbikes not being made, designed or intended to be comfortable? Sport touring bikes like an FJR or a Concours 14, many times are going to have allot of miles on them, but just like many HD riders out there, they too may not be ridden much. Some just like to throw allot of money into a bike for bragging rights, but many times all those add on's and modifications rarely get used if ever. ;)

Well said .

J_T

I have $375 worth of those gift cards on hand after the holidays Your right I think almost every relative gets me one now I use mine to get tires, fluids and parts I think I have collected enough Harley gear over the years to dress a whole ship crew

Tonik

I have no problem making sparks but the wife bitches every time we do  and keeps telling me Im to old to do that anymore What has age have to do with it.

A few years ago I bought a set of ferrocerium flint steel wear plates for my floor boards. They get epoxy to the bottom of floorboard when they hit the road they spark like a huge Zippo lighter I never put them on the bike my son told me they are illegal to put on cars and bikes because they can start fires during the dry season

Edited by HeavyDuty

Tonik

I have no problem making sparks but the wife bitches every time we do  and keeps telling me Im to old to do that anymore What has age have to do with it.

You need a new wife. First time I took Mrs. Tonik through the dragon about a mile in she leaned forward and said go faster.

J_TI have $375 worth of those gift cards on hand after the holidays Your right I think almost every relative gets me one now I use mine to get tires, fluids and parts I think I have collected enough Harley gear over the years to dress a whole ship crew TonikI have no problem making sparks but the wife bitches every time we do  and keeps telling me Im to old to do that anymore What has age have to do with it.A few years ago I bought a set of ferrocerium flint steel wear plates for my floor boards. They get epoxy to the bottom of floorboard when they hit the road they spark like a huge Zippo lighter I never put them on the bike my son told me they are illegal to put on cars and bikes because they can start fires during the dry season

I need fluids so I will spend mine on that. A least they got rid of the dealer specific cards, they spend the same anywhere now. If your looking adventure has syn3 for 9$

She use to be that way when we were in our 20s I use to run my kaw at the drag strip I had a turbo on the bike we would run 2 up and run 130 in the 1/4 mile We also use to drag race in down town Cleveland late at night depending on the bike we were racing she would always say on the bike with me back then there were no other bikes that could touch me except for another kaw but after my last wreck she has changed her way of thinking.

I need fluids so I will spend mine on that. A least they got rid of the dealer specific cards, they spend the same anywhere now. If your looking adventure has syn3 for 9$

Thanks I have a buddy that's a master mechanic for Harley I give him the cards and he gets me what I need.

She use to be that way when we were in our 20s I use to run my kaw at the drag strip I had a turbo on the bike we would run 2 up and run 130 in the 1/4 mile We also use to drag race in down town Cleveland late at night depending on the bike we were racing she would always say on the bike with me back then there were no other bikes that could touch me except for another kaw but after my last wreck she has changed her way of thinking.

That sounds completely stupid...

There is no way I'm drag racing anyone with a passenger, especially a passenger I claim to care about...

What drag raceway lets you 2-up a bike on the strip?