How/ Who set up your trust?

Radio Flyer

$200? Try $1000

I recommend an attorney: Last will and testament, Pour-over revocable Trust, durable power of attorney for financial, durable power fo attorney for healthcare, Living will, and anatomical gift statement (your drivers license doesn't count). Reviewed every 5 years, kept in multiple locations. Transfer accounts and property into trust. Change all beneficiary designees including 401k, life insurances, funds, stocks, bonds, et cetera. TOD on anything with titles or transfer now. It's a sombering event. Do it before you're married, then he/she can't get at it if you pull the trigger again.

Edited by Gump

If I could have found an attorney to do it for $200, I would have gone that route. Since I wasn't interested in all the other stuff Gump mentioned at the time, I did it myself using a sample template from a gun forum. It worked, no problem.

So... when you died, everything transferred?

• Upvote 1

If I could have found an attorney to do it for $200, I would have gone that route. Since I wasn't interested in all the other stuff Gump mentioned at the time, I did it myself using a sample template from a gun forum. It worked, no problem.

There is a portage county prosecutor that does it for $150.

I went the quicken route. Mine is only for nfa/firearms as well and I don't have any other trusts, wills, power of attorney, etc. Whenever I get around to hiring a lawyer and figuring all of that stuff out, I will have him look over the trust to make sure its kosher. It can be amended/ modified at any time with minimal effort so it fits my needs; the legal minimum to make nfa transfers easier.

I went the quicken route. Mine is only for nfa/firearms as well and I don't have any other trusts, wills, power of attorney, etc. Whenever I get around to hiring a lawyer and figuring all of that stuff out, I will have him look over the trust to make sure its kosher. It can be amended/ modified at any time with minimal effort so it fits my needs; the legal minimum to make nfa transfers easier.

This is along the lines of what I want to do. Other than some guns and a small amount of cash I'm not leaving anything behind at this point in my life. No debt for anyone to pay off and no valuables that need to be assigned to anyone. Everyone will know who get's what.

I want to add three people to my trust so that they can be in possession of the items I add into the trust, something I've read you can do.

I'm just making sure plenty of people have used quicken to do this successfully, or trying to find an attorney that will do one of these at a fair price, which I consider less than 200.

Just make sure that those people you add are of legal age to posses your NFA items. I wanted to add my step-sons but they are not 21 yet. So when they do turn 21 I'll amend my RLT to put them on and then they can use anything in the trust as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have anyone local to Columbus that's around the 200 dollar price range for a NFA Trust? I made some phone calls and emails this weekend to some attorneys and I'm waiting for Monday to come to hear back from them.

I'm trying to get this set up within the next two weeks so I can order a can and get this long wait period started.

I might have to end up going the LLC route.

You can add and remove as often as you want, no one on the trust gets a background. It's a trust, you can't background a trust. The person that picks the suppressor up for the trust does the background form

That is what I thought. Contemplating a can. Not reslly concerned with background checks since anybody I would put on it would pass no issue.

You can add and remove as often as you want, no one on the trust gets a background. It's a trust, you can't background a trust. The person that picks the suppressor up for the trust does the background form

Just for clarity, This is the process as of now. It is evidently in process of being amended to the point where you will need to submit fingerprint cards for everyone listed in the trust. The idea is to validate the legality of the trust members while not requiring CLEO signoff.

I had Bailey Law Firm in Medina, OH do mine. I don't live in Medina, but was referred there by suppressor vendor on Snipershide.com. I believe the cost was $200, met with an attorney for about 30 mins, ran to get some lunch, and it was ready for me when I came back. Be sure to have all your successor contact info ready when you go there.