The EPIC Ohio Group Ride

NinjaDoc

If the route is changing to cut out 555 by popular demand or genuine concern for rider safety, that's fine, but it needs to be fixed with a quickness and the route can't be up for discussion on the day of the ride or we will wind up with an enormous biketerfuck.

I recommend having this thread updated with the final (not changing, even a tiny bit to ride that one road that my buddy told me was totally killer and it's only a little bit out of the way) route ASAP, as well as having the address for the gas stop indicated.

Doc, since it's your thread, go ahead and finalize the route (I'm ok with the alternate that doesn't include 555 if that's what you decide). It's understandable that people may have alternate ideas or expectations, but at this point I don't think we should be taking further input - the route must be fixed so the leaders and sweeps can get organized.

I recommend having this thread updated with the final (not changing, even a tiny bit to ride that one road that my buddy told me was totally killer and it's only a little bit out of the way) route ASAP, as well as having the address for the gas stop indicated.

There's a Marathon 1 block off the route in Malta:

1250 Front St. NW

Malta, Oh 43758

740-962-3725

It looks to be a very easy reroute with no backtracking.

There also looks to be a BP (also in Malta) about 2 blocks south of where the route turns north from 7th St to 669 / Main St.

531 Main St, Malta, OH

(740) 962-4431.

It looks like it's either going to be Glouster or Malta since Burr Oak appears to be the halfway point. At least from my vantage point... But since I'm carrying more fuel than Pokey it's not really an issue for me either.

Edited by Firedog

i say we go with the new route

that being this one

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Logan,+OH+43138&daddr=OH-93+S+to:OH-56+E+to:39.4485168,-82.2010518+to:Burr+Oak+Blvd+to:7th+St+to:OH-669+W+to:S+Columbus+St+to:E+Hunter+St&hl=en&ll=39.65302,-81.858015&spn=0.02531,0.038495&sll=39.557729,-82.37566&sspn=0.050689,0.07699&geocode=FWNVWwIdRZEW-ynF9NkuV-5HiDHEJP6RoMMUMg%3BFaDfWAIdwrwV-w%3BFUg_WAId2B0Z-w%3BFcTvWQIdJbYZ-ylbwiZGbApIiDEMWITOdcZJlA%3BFcAhWgId-bkZ-w%3BFeEJXQIdcNke-w%3BFZ9UXgIdyxMe-w%3BFTJlXwIdhTkY-w%3BFetYWwIdspcW-w&gl=us&mra=mi&mrsp=8&sz=14&via=3&t=m&z=15

The rationale behind it is simple, except for some confusion now, it will be worth so much more not to have the guilt that we were indirectly responsible for some one crashing. What i am trying to say is,

- the new route is as fun or even more....trust me on this (78 and 669 was clean and very twisty last year... the ride report of 691 was also excellent if i remember as posted by DRC)

- Much much less chance of mishaps.

- The only downfall of confusion of last minute change can be alleviated by good communication right here and on the day of the ride.

-Will be bringing printed routes and other misc stuff like fuel breaks locations etc

-there will be confusion during fuel break which was the most concerning, working on it to find a simple solution.

I am guessing everyone if not the majority will be acceptable to this, seen jack ride, and he is very carefull, if he went down that is a matter of concern when so many riders with different skill set participate.

Hopefully txts, pms will be spread out among different friend circle to let others know.

this was the post i was refering to from last year http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=92701

the ever dependable DRC delivered again when he is far away enjoying them west coast routes :D

and again really really sorry for the last last minute confusion, but i guess this is something which will be worth it to avoid lot of unessasary guilt, pain and agony in future.

i say we go with the new route

that being this one

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Logan,+OH+43138&daddr=OH-93+S+to:OH-56+E+to:39.4485168,-82.2010518+to:Burr+Oak+Blvd+to:7th+St+to:OH-669+W+to:S+Columbus+St+to:E+Hunter+St&hl=en&ll=39.65302,-81.858015&spn=0.02531,0.038495&sll=39.557729,-82.37566&sspn=0.050689,0.07699&geocode=FWNVWwIdRZEW-ynF9NkuV-5HiDHEJP6RoMMUMg%3BFaDfWAIdwrwV-w%3BFUg_WAId2B0Z-w%3BFcTvWQIdJbYZ-ylbwiZGbApIiDEMWITOdcZJlA%3BFcAhWgId-bkZ-w%3BFeEJXQIdcNke-w%3BFZ9UXgIdyxMe-w%3BFTJlXwIdhTkY-w%3BFetYWwIdspcW-w&gl=us&mra=mi&mrsp=8&sz=14&via=3&t=m&z=15

The rationale behind it is simple, except for some confusion now, it will be worth so much more not to have the guilt that we were indirectly responsible for some one crashing. What i am trying to say is,

- the new route is as fun or even more....trust me on this (78 and 669 was clean and very twisty last year... the ride report of 691 was also excellent if i remember as posted by DRC)

- Much much less chance of mishaps.

- The only downfall of confusion of last minute change can be alleviated by good communication right here and on the day of the ride.

-Will be bringing printed routes and other misc stuff like fuel breaks locations etc

-there will be confusion during fuel break which was the most concerning, working on it to find a simple solution.

I am guessing everyone if not the majority will be acceptable to this, seen jack ride, and he is very carefull, if he went down that is a matter of concern when so many riders with different skill set participate.

Hopefully txts, pms will be spread out among different friend circle to let others know.

quoting it for a new page

the reroute affects ONLY the leads and sweeps, for the rest THE TIME, START SPOT and STOP SPOT al remain the same

Leads:

Fast Uncle punk

Fast-medium- Jschaf

Fast-Medium- Gasser

Medium: Hailwood

Medium- Mykill

Slow- BMWnut

Slow- Alzheimer

Sweep:

Fast: Inyaz

Fast-medium: fiji-9-brother -

fast-medium- Bad324 -

Medium- Nightrider

Medium: Pokey-

slow- DAC / sub- OSUmj

slow- Pyromancy

these are the final list as of now, hoping to get some subs lined up soon

There's a Marathon 1 block off the route in Malta:

1250 Front St. NW

Malta, Oh 43758

740-962-3725

It looks to be a very easy reroute with no backtracking.

There also looks to be a BP (also in Malta) about 2 blocks south of where the route turns north from 7th St to 669 / Main St.

531 Main St, Malta, OH

(740) 962-4431.

It looks like it's either going to be Glouster or Malta since Burr Oak appears to be the halfway point. At least from my vantage point... But since I'm carrying more fuel than Pokey it's not really an issue for me either.

checking these right now, will get back on this asap, biggest concern was the confusion during fuel break from smaller places. If we can solve that, pretty much we are set.

u guys shud ride sweep one group then :D

Lol I was planning to roll in whatever group Mykill was in anyway so I'm fine with that if need be

Also I'm game on the new route, shouldn't be too difficult to whip up the changes and get onto my gps

Thanks for confirming, Nivin. Everything should hopefully go a lot smoother now.

The gas stops will be tough no matter how we try them, although having the staggered speeds in the groups should help the congestion, especially if each group can move on after they've filled up.

i see three gas stations, if two group each take up one of these things could be moved along pretty quick. I guess like the first two groups stop at station A , thrird and fourth and B and 5 and 6 group go to C. After a designated stop time of about 15 mins the 1 and 2 (fast guys) start from A and pass by B and C and hence we get to know that people are moving along and keep up the imaginary convoy of groups.

I just read it and it sounds so confusing :( i dont know how to explain this in few words

gasstops_zps38b4d4da.jpg

Yup thing works awesome!

Great. I want to check it out. Debating on buying something like it.

Lol I was planning to roll in whatever group Mykill was in anyway so I'm fine with that if need be

Also I'm game on the new route, shouldn't be too difficult to whip up the changes and get onto my gps

Lol I'm going to be slow. This will be my first real ride on the viffer. Shouldn't take me long to get used to it though :D

i see three gas stations, if two group each take up one of these things could be moved along pretty quick. I guess like the first two groups stop at station A , thrird and fourth and B and 5 and 6 group go to C. After a designated stop time of about 15 mins the 1 and 2 (fast guys) start from A and pass by B and C and hence we get to know that people are moving along and keep up the imaginary convoy of groups.

I just read it and it sounds so confusing :( i dont know how to explain this in few words

gasstops_zps38b4d4da.jpg

Basically overlapping stops/takeoffs. Thanks for sweating the details on this, doc.

sure, no problems

Last time there was huge mix up during fuel stop, basically the ride split off during stop. But last year every thing was last minute due to weather delaying start and what not. But eventually every one had a good time and no one got lost :D

hopefully this year will be better and outstanding :D

Hope none of the leads and sweeps are confused about the route and plan.

Nelsonville Speedway + BP next door look bigger/better. Looks like they might not have premium at a couple of the Malta stations.

was just google map picturing this, That looks even better with two big gas stations near by, i mean it looks perfect, on right side of the road which means no crossing over + lots of pump + premium gas.

only question is it too early for a break?

Edited by NinjaDoc

New route works for me, I'm not particular on exactly which route is taken just so we all get to hit the good twisties and meet up afterwards for bs and bigger fish stories :D Last year, our group ( the last group ) went over the bridge to McConnelsville for fuel, whereas the rest of the groups went left before the river and where we ultimately got seperated. With an actual itinerary in place for leads/sweeps to consult, this ride should go hitch free.

Edit - I'm assuming the start/finish will remain at the same mall lot? The new route map has us starting at A-1 Sanitation and Porta-shitters?

Edited by Hellmutt

For those that might care: I checked & only station "B" at McConnelsville sells premium. Nelsonville is pretty early in the ride, but I think all bikes should go the 80 miles or so to Logan on a tank of fuel. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by jschaf

Last year, our group ( the last group ) went over the bridge to McConnelsville for fuel, whereas the rest of the groups went left before the river and where we ultimately got seperated.

Yeah, we missed the left turn onto 669 in Crooksville and ended up in Zanesville.