Fast: Inyaz

Fast-medium: fiji-9-brother -

fast-medium- Bad324 -

Medium- Nightrider

Medium: Pokey- /Sub- Pyromancy

slow- / sub- jackflash

slow-

Cruiser & Heavy touring:

I might consider sweeping a "slow" group. How slow are we talking? Strict speed limit following? Grandma-5mph-under the limit? Training wheels?

I'd be happy to sweep a medium-slow group. OR, I'd be happy to sweep a medium group if Roley (Dying Shadow) will lead it.

Edited by Pyromancy5

I might consider sweeping a "slow" group. How slow are we talking? Strict speed limit following? Grandma-5mph-under the limit? Training wheels?

I'd be happy to sweep a medium-slow group. OR, I'd be happy to sweep a medium group if Roley (Dying Shadow) will lead it.

Put me in the slow-mejum group. Group motto: "Fun, Brisk, Sane, Unscratched"

DAC, you mean you can sweep a slow group ?

Scuba, beautiful bike, always loved the z in that color

Doc - Not necessarily what I meant. If you're desperate for a sweep, I could do it but someone would need to send me the job description. :rolleyes: It'd be the first time I've done that.

Scuba - yes, you will like that seat.

Just did a quick 100 mile cobweb dusting/suspension setup ride down through Millersburg and back up 93. Got the R1 handling like a champ and (mostly) broke in my new leathers.

Hopefully next weekend will be this nice.

There are two Gas Stations close to the meet up spot, in Logan.

Kroger has one at the far end of the Mall parking lot, but it does

not have a restroom.

The other one is a Speedway, just one block down the street from

where we meet up. It has public restrooms.

Here's a link to a map.

http://goo.gl/maps/AA9kL

I could sweep a slow group. I'm not a fan of having people behind me anyway, so if i'm not last on the slow group, i want to be 2nd to last in whatever group i'm in.

Hey I was also planning on riding in the back as well with the slow group. If you don't mind MJ. Had a good time at Coshocton and I am excited for this ride as well.

Doc - Not necessarily what I meant. If you're desperate for a sweep, I could do it but someone would need to send me the job description. :rolleyes: It'd be the first time I've done that.

Scuba - yes, you will like that seat.

Ideally sweep is an experienced rider just like the lead, should be able to keep an eye on group activity, warn and advice peeps acting crazy, like crossing line during turns , trying over the top to keep up or tail gate others etc etc. Overall some one who just keeps the unit in check thru friendly advice , keep the order and number. In case of emergency shud be able to run ahead anc catch up the lead or switch position with him etc.

BUT, at this stage since volunteers are short handed, any rider with a level head and enough exp will be able to serves the function up ahead pretty well.

There are two Gas Stations close to the meet up spot, in Logan.

Kroger has one at the far end of the Mall parking lot, but it does

not have a restroom.

The other one is a Speedway, just one block down the street from

where we meet up. It has public restrooms.

Here's a link to a map.

http://goo.gl/maps/AA9kL

Thx jack, will need to update first thread with the details, esp that every one should fill up before the ride.

Since we are short, put me as the sweep for the faster of the two slow groups. Really I can help out wherever I'm needed, but I don't know the area, so I don't want to lead.

I also don't think my bike is fast enough to catch up to a medium group leader. I really don't know what people are planning on doing speed-wise in these groups. But I do have 6 years riding exp and I will be happy to tell people they are being retards*

Since we are short, put me as the sweep for the faster of the two slow groups. Really I can help out wherever I'm needed, but I don't know the area, so I don't want to lead.

I also don't think my bike is fast enough to catch up to a medium group leader. I really don't know what people are planning on doing speed-wise in these groups. But I do have 6 years riding exp and I will be happy to tell people they are being retards*

sure, really appreciate the help. no problem. Dont worry about speeds and catching up, the conservative paced groups seldom need such high intensity work ups, people always see each other in rear view mirrors, its mainly for those hyper fast groups that need to be on look out as they tend to miss each other in corners and stuff.

and these are the details regarding the speeds.

FAST : one group

-Usually 70mph on the straight and 25-30 mph over the posted limit of curve.

-The people who belong to the group know they belong to this group, they dont think they belong here.

-Dont jump in here unless you been riding with such fellows for some time. eg: UP, Midgettod, Hutch, Core rides

Medium-Fast: two groups

-65-70mph on the straight and 20-25 over the posted limit opf curve.

- This is the usual fast rides some group rides do, still dangerously fast

-Jump in here if you been riding for a while and is comfortable at these paces on most roads

Medium : two groups

-65 mph on the straight and 15-20 over the posted limit opf curve.

- This is the everyday regular group rides pace,

-Jump in here if you been riding for a while and is comfortable at these paces on most roads

Slow : two groups

-60 mph or around posted limit on the straight and upto 10 over the posted limit of curve.

- This is the a very comfortable yet fun group ride,

-Jump in here if you like doing friendly fun rides and also new riders must join here

-The last two rides most people rode this group showing zero ego issues and they had most fun,

- No ego in both years kept our rides with 0 casuality

Cruiser and heavy touring: one group

-All the mammoth bikes and cruisers

-They enjoy the road and own the road at their own pace

-Made sperate group just in case there is enough numbers

-more than free to join any of the above group based on their own preference.

Leads:

Fast Uncle punk

Fast-medium- Jschaf

Fast-Medium- Hutch

Medium: Hailwood

Medium- Mykill

Slow- BMWnut

Slow-

Cruiser& Big Touring-

Sweep:

Fast: Inyaz

Fast-medium: fiji-9-brother -

fast-medium- Bad324 -

Medium- Nightrider

Medium: Pokey-

slow- DAC / sub- jackflash

slow- Pyromancy

Cruiser & Heavy touring:

I keep repeating this all the time just in case any one missed it.

The Groups

Always start one group below what you feel you ride. Meaning if you think your fast, start with medium fast group and if you are comfortable move to the fast group during gas break after letting the lead and sweep know. Better to be safe than sorry. Remember we might be riding roads very new to you including infamous 555. Last two years more than 90% people rode the medium and slow groups. No ego issues and had good times. No one will remember if you rode the fast group or not, but every one will remember the guy who crashed :D So lets keep it simple easy and calm and a great ride with lots of good memories and new faces.

FAST : one group

-Usually 70mph on the straight and 25-30 mph over the posted limit of curve.

-The people who belong to the group know they belong to this group, they dont think they belong here.

-Dont jump in here unless you been riding with such fellows for some time. eg: UP, Midgettod, Hutch, Core rides

Medium-Fast: two groups

-65-70mph on the straight and 20-25 over the posted limit opf curve.

- This is the usual fast rides some group rides do, still dangerously fast

Medium : two groups

-65 mph on the straight and 15-20 over the posted limit opf curve.

- This is the everyday regular group rides pace,

Slow : two groups

-60 mph or around posted limit on the straight and upto 10 over the posted limit of curve.

- This is the a very comfortable yet fun group ride,

-Jump in here if you like doing friendly fun rides and also new riders must join here

-The last two rides most people rode this group showing zero ego issues and they had most fun,

- No ego in both years kept our rides with 0 casuality

Cruiser and heavy touring: one group

-All the mammoth bikes and cruisers

-They enjoy the road and own the road at their own pace

-Made sperate group just in case there is enough numbers

-more than free to join any of the above group based on their own preference.

Edited by NinjaDoc

Always start one group below what you feel you ride. Meaning if you think your fast, start with medium fast group and if you are comfortable move to the fast group during gas break after letting the lead and sweep know. Better to be safe than sorry. Remember we might be riding roads very new to you including infamous 555. Last two years more than 90% people rode the medium and slow groups. No ego issues and had good times. No one will remember if you rode the fast group or not, but every one will remember the guy who crashed :D So lets keep it simple easy and calm and a great ride with lots of good memories and new faces.

If it's not competitive, how will we know who wins the group ride?

:D

• Upvote 1