What do you think of these Jeeps?

JStump

All the "Big Three" are getting better. Growing up in the '70s, any of the (then Big Four) models you saw that had reached 100k mi. were ready for the junk yard.

My Jeeps don't seem to have much for problems. I did read an article comparing Jap crap to Jeeps, where it pointed out the cost of repair on a Japanese truck was rather higher. And more likely to be a high dollar item. Dunno.

Those 4.7 and 5.7 Jeeps can be pretty fast. Near impossible to find one used. Maybe in another year or two.

edit: 265k on the old Jeep... yeah, now it's falling apart.

IMO, it's too early in the Fiat era of Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep ownership to firmly declare that the quality/feature issues that plagued these brands are over. At least they got out from under the thumb of Cerberus, whom I'm sure would have been content to run them into the ground and liquidate the assets. Still sucks that they took the bailout and are still 1.3 billion dollars in the hole with no intention of paying that back.

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep have the designs I like, by far the best looking American cars IMO however I had a bad experience with my last MOPAR product (2006 Dodge Magnum). I LOVED the looks of the Magnum, but it suffered transmission issues, rear end issues, etc. I actually miss the Mag, wouldn't mind finding an inexpensive R/T model...just wish they were reliable. I may have just had a lemon because I have heard nothing but praise for the 300/Charger which is essentially the same car just different body style. Those Jeep's are sick in the pic, hopefully they bring some fuel efficient diesel models over soon like they sell in the European market.

My Magnum is back in the shop. Driveline thumping. I abuse the car though. Hoping to get another year or two out of it and trade it off. I do however need the space it has. So move up to SRT model maybe.

Those "concepts" look like parts bin specials. It just looks like they modded production vehicles.

But do know I never cared much for jeeps after the AMC era. I'd go for a Wagoneer or the large pickups from the 70's/80's but that's about it.

Edited by wantahertzdonut