Need a little help

ninjachic

ok i talked to them on the phone.....pulled both lines, and when sucking on the grey one, fuel comes out of the black line....so the petcock is working fine, there is fuel.....i told them to check the plugs and wires and make sure its getting spark....bad thing is, the link im reading says the tank needs pulled off again to get to plugs....ive never worked on one of these personally...so anyone with more insight, please post up

could it possibly be a problem with the carb not pulling vacuum, thereby causing a no fuel situation?.....she said when pulling the black line, theres no fuel....so it doesnt appear the carb is pulling vacuum

The line from the front of the petcock, the one in the pic that goes to the fuel filter, which I would remove for now, is the fuel out to the carbs. The other line goes to the vacuum source, which is what appears to be where the filter is connected. I just went out to check this on my running Ninja 250. The original line that supplies the carbs goes to the front, larger fitting on the petcock, and it goes straight back to the inlet of the carbs. I'll see if I can grab a pic in a minute, after dealing with a cranky 4 year old...

Ok thanks Judd. Yeah I think I had them backwards. I'm letting the battery charge cuz it died from trying to start it so much.

Again, I would take out the filter until you know you're getting enough fuel into the float bowls, that way you're sure it's not holding you up! I had that problem on the Hon-duh that I used to have!