Finally completely DONE!

redkow97

I should start by apologizing to everyone for the 40 or 50 times I've said I "might make it out" to X group ride, race weekend, trackday, social gathering, etc. and then bitched out due to school.

I am finally, totally, and completely done. Graduation was December 26th, the bar exam was February 26-28, and results were published April 26th.

Suffice to say, I will NOT need to be taking it again.

...I will also be charging you all $50 per post in the "politics" section, and for any other free legal advice solicited :p

But for real, I hope to land a job ASAP, have a street bike after the 2nd or 3rd paycheck clears, and be out riding and hanging out with you fine folks a LOT more often than I have over the last 4 years.

I may even get my funds back in order enough to do some MotoSeries and WERA rounds eventually!

Congratulations. Now land a job, get a bike, and legally school every cop that pulls you over

I'm applying at the prosecutor's office, so if that goes well, I WILL actually end up schooling cops, but it will be because they didn't know the law when they arrested someone else...

But for reals, don't argue with cops. Even if you're right, it won't matter until you're in court. Pleading your case on the street, or in the back of a car rarely goes well. Police officers have a hard job. The vast majority do what they think is right ...but they make mistakes, and they're not always clear on criminal procedure, even when they're right about the law.

I have the luxury of being able to look up laws, court opinions, etc. Expecting police to know it all is beyond unrealistic.

I'm applying at the prosecutor's office, so if that goes well, I WILL actually end up schooling cops, but it will be because they didn't know the law when they arrested someone else...

But for reals, don't argue with cops. Even if you're right, it won't matter until you're in court. Pleading your case on the street, or in the back of a car rarely goes well. Police officers have a hard job. The vast majority do what they think is right ...but they make mistakes, and they're not always clear on criminal procedure, even when they're right about the law.

I have the luxury of being able to look up laws, court opinions, etc. Expecting police to know it all is beyond unrealistic.

When your pulled over and you say, "I swear officer, I didnt know it was illegal" the cop responds with "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" That should be a two way street.