Lots And Lots Of Changes Made. Lots More Coming.

Casper

What I miss so far is .... I used to pull up "recent posts"....now called  "view new content"  I could put the curser on a thread topic and up would pop the first one or two sentences of the actual post.  now when I curser over it I get   "view results"  totally useless ! Have to open each thread to see what it is actually about.

• Upvote 1

What I miss so far is .... I used to pull up "recent posts"....now called "view new content" I could put the curser on a thread topic and up would pop the first one or two sentences of the actual post. now when I curser over it I get "view results" totally useless ! Have to open each thread to see what it is actually about.

Even better now. When you hover over a thread in New Content, a triangle appears. Click it.

What I miss so far is .... I used to pull up "recent posts"....now called  "view new content"  I could put the curser on a thread topic and up would pop the first one or two sentences of the actual post.  now when I curser over it I get   "view results"  totally useless ! Have to open each thread to see what it is actually about.

Even better now. When you hover over a thread in New Content, a triangle appears. Click it.

I was gonna ask the same question. The new preview is pretty cool.

The "preview is "nice" but I still like it coming up as the hover text better.  I have to move the mouse all the way across the screen and click to preview.  Just not nearly as intuitive.

I'm giving it a while before I decide that I hate it.

Not sure if this has been asked, cause I got 0 results when searching for "thread subscriptions", but I'm not getting any notices to threads I was previuosly subscribed to. Am I missing something?

You have to turn the email notifications back on in your user settings.

• Upvote 1

You have to turn the email notifications back on in your user settings.

Yeah, I've set that all up. You used to be able to see all threads you were subscribed to, which I now believe is the "Content I'm following". Unfortunately, I don't believe any of the thread subscriptions transfered here. No biggie, just have to either reply in the threads again, or just select it to follow.

Yeah, I've set that all up. You used to be able to see all threads you were subscribed to, which I now believe is the "Content I'm following". Unfortunately, I don't believe any of the thread subscriptions transfered here. No biggie, just have to either reply in the threads again, or just select it to follow.

Ah. I'll have to look into that.

Sorry I guess I should have said on the mobile version, is there a back to top feature?

I'll be damned. There isn't on one mobile. I'll add that to the list. I didn't even notice. On iPhones you just tap the time at the top of the phone and the window scrolls to the top.

I'll be damned. There isn't on one mobile. I'll add that to the list. I didn't even notice. On iPhones you just tap the time at the top of the phone and the window scrolls to the top.

Thanks! The iPhone tip is much appreciated!

• Upvote 1

I think this is probably top notch stuff. Probably great software too as I know Ben likes quality. Added features ect....... To the Nerds and Über Geeks and Techies.

To the other 85% of us, well could be more user friendly for the average person. Gotta figure Ben, most of us still use IE instead of Mozilla and Firefox. Most of us don't have a damn clue what the F1-12 buttons on the keyboard do or how the shortcuts work. The old site was simple and user friendly for average people, you know blue collar people that ride motorcycles and shoot guns. Maybe it's just me but this new stuff frustrates the shit out of me after a few mins and I go find something else to do. Sorry man just me I guess. I'm sure ill keep trying but not liking it at all

I think this is probably top notch stuff. Probably great software too as I know Ben likes quality. Added features ect....... To the Nerds and Über Geeks and Techies.

To the other 85% of us, well could be more user friendly for the average person. Gotta figure Ben, most of us still use IE instead of Mozilla and Firefox. Most of us don't have a damn clue what the F1-12 buttons on the keyboard do or how the shortcuts work. The old site was simple and user friendly for average people, you know blue collar people that ride motorcycles and shoot guns. Maybe it's just me but this new stuff frustrates the shit out of me after a few mins and I go find something else to do. Sorry man just me I guess. I'm sure ill keep trying but not liking it at all

Not sure what to say bud. We're not going back. Relax man. I'll do everything I can to make this new site just as easy. You tell me what you want to be able to do, and I'll tell you how or make it so you can. You can PM me if you prefer. This goes for everyone else as well.

FTR: I heard the same types of comments when I went from phpBB to vBulletin years ago on here. People got the hang of it. 

PS: Use Chrome. 

Change can be difficult, no doubt, but this isn't a case of a bunch of asshat's trying to make a name for themselves and turn a good thing into a clusterfuck.

Casper is onto a good thing here and it isn't too difficult to figure out how to navigate and manipulate....if you can figure out the intimate details of any number of fine weapons and motorcycles, you can figure out this new forum.    

• Upvote 2