Lots And Lots Of Changes Made. Lots More Coming.

Casper

ok i swear i just posted in this thread 2 minutes ago, but i don't see my post anymore? not sure if that's a website glitch, or something on my end...

anyway, where did my avatar go?

Edited by John

ok i swear i just posted in this thread 2 minutes ago, but i don't see my post anymore? not sure if that's a website glitch, or something on my end...

no you did post and I saw it!

• Upvote 1

Notification system might need an adjustment.  If you subscribe to immediate it nails you with every reply to a thread.  The old system of one notification per thread until you visit again would be cool.

• Upvote 1

You're not nuts. I hit delete on the mobile site on accident. I'm still learning this software too. :)

Almost all avatars came across. Those who's avatars didn't will have to reset them. Most likely this was caused by externally hosted avatars instead of uploaded avatars. There where less than a dozen out of over 8k. 

I like the new layout for the most part, but it sucks to see the 3 random photos that would change every time you went to the main page, gone. I liked that feature. Also, the recent post portal got axed it looks like. I liked that too haha.

But the overall layout looks good.

I like the new layout for the most part, but it sucks to see the 3 random photos that would change every time you went to the main page, gone. I liked that feature. Also, the recent post portal got axed it looks like. I liked that too haha.

But the overall layout looks good.

The portal is on the list to do. 

Notification system might need an adjustment.  If you subscribe to immediate it nails you with every reply to a thread.  The old system of one notification per thread until you visit again would be cool.

You can choose immediate or daily or weekly I believe. 

No, I think it is a glitch. I posted in another thread asking Hoblick about some Honda plastic and it is now gone as well.

What thread? I don't think I fubarred any other posts, just this one. 

So I found if you are on the view new content and click on the right side if the thread it will give you the first and last post.

If you do the new content button, click the little star next to a thread that you've posted in and it will take you to the first unread post.

• Upvote 1

I like it, and I pretty much hate everything. So that is saying a lot.  Is tapatalk dead here now?  Can't tell if it is dead or if the network admin here needs a kick in the ass for f'ing up the guest wireless again. I swear I am going to take the packet shaper he bought and shove it up his ass. But I digress....yea, tapatalk is dead, confirmed.

Confirmed.....and it looks like it might just be an admin task when Casper is able to get the plug-in installed.

I can only imagine how huge his to-do list has grown from just this morning.  

You're not nuts. I hit delete on the mobile site on accident. I'm still learning this software too. :)

Almost all avatars came across. Those who's avatars didn't will have to reset them. Most likely this was caused by externally hosted avatars instead of uploaded avatars. There where less than a dozen out of over 8k. 

haha yeah i thought maybe thats what happened...

my avatar was one of the pre-loaded ones from the old site.

the URL was: http://www.ohioriders.net/images/avatars/evil/Skull.gif

do you still have those anywhere?

I'm not sure I like the way to get to the smiley's as well.  It was nice to have a page open to scroll through, and the code for them beside them for those of us that would rather not reach for the mouse in the middle of typing.  Maybe a list can be compiled for reference at a later time if the popup window is not an option.  

I also like the "replies added" popup when in the middle of a reply!  

haha yeah i thought maybe thats what happened...

my avatar was one of the pre-loaded ones from the old site.

the URL was: http://www.ohioriders.net/images/avatars/evil/Skull.gif

do you still have those anywhere?

A) Your post is back. Another reason I love this software. I can bring things back after being deleted. Giggity.

B) Ah, yeah I didn't bring those over. I'll send it to you when I can, then you can just upload it as a custom avatar. I was storing like 2k avatars that were barely being used. Figured we'd just go completely custom. No site defaults. 

I'm not sure I like the way to get to the smiley's as well.  It was nice to have a page open to scroll through, and the code for them beside them for those of us that would rather not reach for the mouse in the middle of typing.  Maybe a list can be compiled for reference at a later time if the popup window is not an option.  

I also like the "replies added" popup when in the middle of a reply!  

Yeah, seems kinda clunky. I'm going to go ahead and put that on my list. 

Also, I've noticed the "popup" pages, such as the quick navigation beside the search box, or the popup when you hover over a username, the blue header bar looks a bit out of place, doesn't match the red theme of the site.

Yeah, those were added to the software after I created the style. Doh. Some of the other blues you'll find around same thing. It's on my list. 

You are going to be SO sick of me pointing out things!  :lol:  You're going to want me to go back to hitting f5 like crazy!

On the "New Content" page, it was nice to see which forum it was from over on the right, separated out.  An easy workable alternative would be to use a bold font for the forum name, or a different color.  This is an issue I've dealt with on the design of 2 forums that I've started, and the way that I've handled it.

Overall, even though I said I hate change (which I do in general, most of the time) IPBoard is growing on me.  

Just curious.....what was the main reason for the change?  Is this software more powerful, more options, or more ???

Change for the sake of change never was a favorite of mine. Unless the change drastically improves the useablity and ease of operation I prefer status quo. I just got on today for the first time since it got shut down the other day so I haven't had time to research all the newbies.