Lots And Lots Of Changes Made. Lots More Coming.

Casper

Tried Chrome, deleted it after 2 days lol. It kept wanting logins and other shit everytime I used it. With IE I just click it and start surfing, simple. I love simple.

With the old site I would log in, hit the "new post" tab, scroll down to the one I wanted and hit the little box that took me to the first unread new post. Simple, easy. User CP, same thing.

Simple, Easy. That's all I want. Ill be at the shop today so I can try it on a PC and see if that's better but I hate it on my phone and that's where I use it from 99% of the time.

I use IE on my phone. Once you play around a little you will get use to it. I love the features this one has, you can even buy Casper a beer!

Give it some time it really is a lot better and is very simple. Spend a few hours clicking everything and you will see how easy it is. This place isn't as much fun without you, we need our midget!

Edited by snot
  • Upvote 1

I use IE on my phone. Once you play around a little you will get use to it. I love the features this one has, you can even buy Casper a beer!

Give it some time it really is a lot better and is very simple. Spend a few hours clicking everything and you will see how easy it is. This place isn't as much fun without you, we need our midget!

Oh he can't stay away. He's just angry about change. 

Didn't want to jump on the yay or nay bandwagons until I had a chance to get used to it.... Posted my first new thread and it is SO much easier! Posting pictures is cake now where I used to struggle and struggle from mobile. Thank you for investing the time and money.

Not a fan, but I don't matter.  I'm old, and do not like change much any more.  What's with the giant font on the thread titles?  We aren't that old are we?

**Edit**  I guess the giant font is just on the Portal page.  I typically use the home or portal page on almost all the forums I am a member of.  It will definitely take some getting used to.

Edited by Ron505

I think I'm going to need a training video. 

How do the PM's work?  will we still get and email notification?  popup when you enter the site?  Or does the "Notification" just go to a color?  I just found that top banner after spending a lot of time trying to find "user CP".

Oh he can't stay away. He's just angry about change.

I am trying to get used to it but I just don't like it. It was not "horrible" on the PC at the gun shop but I'm only on a PC there. All the other 90% is on my phone and that is where I just can't get used to it. I don't like mobile versions of anything I use full sites and its a pain to use this full site on the phone. I am trying.

still having some issues with posting certain links.

I tried posting the url link from failblog, and received an error saying I couldn't post that file type, even though I could preview it with no issues.

Is there something I need to do different?

I am trying to get used to it but I just don't like it. It was not "horrible" on the PC at the gun shop but I'm only on a PC there. All the other 90% is on my phone and that is where I just can't get used to it. I don't like mobile versions of anything I use full sites and its a pain to use this full site on the phone. I am trying.

for real? I find this much easier to use the full version on my phone than the last site

• Upvote 1

I think I'm going to need a training video. 

How do the PM's work?  will we still get and email notification?  popup when you enter the site?  Or does the "Notification" just go to a color?  I just found that top banner after spending a lot of time trying to find "user CP".

Not sure what just happened.

PM's show up as a red number box, no email and no popup. I really liked the email notification so that I would know I had a PM even if I was away from the site a couple of days.

Pages load VERY slow (>10 seconds)on my computer compared to the old site. Is this because you are still working on the site?Will it get better.

Well, I'm dealing with the changes.  I'm actually liking the "View New Content" feature a little better now that I've used it, and once I figured out that I can easily I change how it works (unread, new since last visit, past 24 hours, etc...)  I almost always went straight to the "new posts" when I'd visit on VBulletin, and even bookmarked the search link for it, and now I did the same for "View New Content.

I visit the site about 95%+ on the PC, using Chrome.  I will have to hit up the mobile site a little more to see how it works out.  

I'm now getting my email notifications, however, before I would get 1 notification for the 1st post, since my last visit in a thread I'm subscribed to. Now I'm getting an email notification for every post since my last visit to the thread. Now getting too many emails in my inbox.

I'm now getting my email notifications, however, before I would get 1 notification for the 1st post, since my last visit in a thread I'm subscribed to. Now I'm getting an email notification for every post since my last visit to the thread. Now getting too many emails in my inbox.

I share your pain. I don't think there is a way to make it work like before.  I just stopped my notifications, one per post per thread was too many.

still having some issues with posting certain links.

I tried posting the url link from failblog, and received an error saying I couldn't post that file type, even though I could preview it with no issues.

Is there something I need to do different?

Interesting. Example link? Maybe PM or email it to me? 

Not sure what just happened.

PM's show up as a red number box, no email and no popup. I really liked the email notification so that I would know I had a PM even if I was away from the site a couple of days.

Pages load VERY slow (>10 seconds)on my computer compared to the old site. Is this because you are still working on the site?Will it get better.

You set how you want to be notified: http://ohioriders.net/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

I share your pain. I don't think there is a way to make it work like before.  I just stopped my notifications, one per post per thread was too many.

I set the frequency for mine to daily. Gives you a daily digest. 

Interesting. Example link? Maybe PM or email it to me?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7410991104/h94D9EEFB/

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

The error only occurs when I try to imbed the image. the link works fine.

Edited by redbarron77

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7410991104/h94D9EEFB/

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

The error only occurs when I try to imbed the image. the link works fine.

Because that's not an image. It's a script that generates an image. I don't think that would've worked well/consistently before. I'll see what I can do though.