What Not To Do In A Ccw Class

MidgetTodd

I was going to post after you told me but seeming it happened at my club and was the CCW instructor that gave me my CCW I decided not too. :o

I will say Terry is a good guy and I can guarantee he did not mean for this to happen... BUT he does have some techniques that I thought were a little out there when I took my class. For example you actually aim your unloaded firearm at a Sherriff SWAT officer and pull your trigger. Officers checked our weapons before this technique was used but at the same time I was always taught that you do not point your firearm at anything you are not prepared to kill.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/public/2013/08/12/concealed-carry-accidental-shooting.html

Gotta wonder how this stuff keeps happening.

I promise you guys this wont happen in my classes.

Because you can't reach the table? Or because you shoot white bullets instead?j/k

I know you are very professional.

This is really unfortunate.  The "rules" are in place for a reason and not following them sometimes leads to this kind of an accident.  I heard the instructor of that class was checking up on the guy he shot and felt really bad and is a really good person and a great instructor and all of that, but this type of incident reflects poorly on the gun supporting community, especially if he is passing his bad habits off to his students.

I will say Terry is a good guy and I can guarantee he did not mean for this to happen... BUT he does have some techniques that I thought were a little out there when I took my class. For example you actually aim your unloaded firearm at a Sherriff SWAT officer and pull your trigger. Officers checked our weapons before this technique was used but at the same time I was always taught that you do not point your firearm at anything you are not prepared to kill.

This is pretty shocking. Were I in this class and this "unconventional exercise" came up, I would be making a b-line for the exit and demanding a refund.

Nice guy or not, anyone playing these kind of games in an entry-level civilian class doesnt have a lick of sense and deserves to be run out of the training business. Sorry to hear his negligence resulted in tragedy and put a stain on responsible gun owners.

• Upvote 1