If Ohio Riders Was A Non-profit...

Casper

...who'd be interested in being on the board of directors? No pay obviously. All volunteer. Monthly meetings would be mandatory (30-60 mins) which you could call in for if you're out of town or can't make it. Meetings will be at bars, members' houses, restaurants, etc. Nothing formal, although we will have to take minutes per state law. The mission of the non-profit would be to raise money for charities decided by the board, raise awareness of motorcycles, rider safety education, and connecting all riders in Ohio. I have lots of ideas but no time and little help to get things done. As a non-profit with a board of directors, we could accomplish so much more and do a lot in our communities. If I go this direction, I will be hand picking the first board. It will then be up to a vote every X year(s). The site, servers, etc will be wholly owned by the non-profit (I'll be donating it all to the non-profit).

If you're interested, shoot me a PM. Include any experience that would be relevant. Anything from management, finances, administrative assistant, web hosting, programming, marketing social networking, etc can be relevant experience.

This is currently just a feeler. Thinking things through.

• Upvote 2

I would also be interested in this.

I'd be interested. I've run/been on the board of 3 non profits in the past so nothin new to me. I'm also very good at making decisions other people find it hard to make

Shoot me a PM with your relevant experience and a little bit about what you think OR could do for the riding community. I'm putting together a list of folks now. 

put me on the back up list of candidates :D

I just remembered my neighbors also trying to talk me in to being on the damn HOA board so I might end up doing that as well

Edited by Bad324

I'd be interested in helping out where I can. My job involves legally setting up businesses into NFP (non-for profit's), LLCs, and Corporations.  If you need any assistance, let me know. I'd be happy to help with 501c filings and the state filings as well.

orly.jpg

We need to talk.

I'd be willing to help too!  Sounds awesome.  I really only have social sorts of experience, I was a publicity chair for 2 years for a community service engineering group at OSU.  I don't need to be on a board or anything, just happy to help where needed.

Get on that shit, immediately. Before your neighbors start drafting rules that you can't tolerate.

you mean any more rules I can't tolerate :lol:

I probably will for a year or two because if all goes as planned I'll be out of this house by 2016

I sat on a non profit board for a couple years. Somehow I got voted up as the president fo 1.5 years, because no one else wanted the job.

Had to resign when I moved to Columbus in 2011.

I wouldnt be much use at meetings as I'm still working 3p-11p

What is the board of directors compensation? :)

Not Savvy on non-profits but I'd be interested. Might have some useful resources.

What, lots and lots of boobies and booties ain't good enough compensation for ya?  :crazy: