Recommendations On Columbus Buell Repair Shop?

just_some_dude

Since I was recently involved in an accident with my bike (http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/102888-guy-cuts-in-front-of-me-motorcycle-goes-down/) the other drivers insurance wants me to take the bike to a shop to be inspected.

I'd much rather do all repairs myself, but I don't think that is going to fly. I'm not a big fan of repair shops, so was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for shops that will work a Buell,

you can do the repairs yourself. really,you can do whatever the hell you want after you get the check. the insurance company has no control over how you spend the money. you can blow it all on booze if you want to. you are a third party claimant. you have no obligation to his insurance company. they dont have a contract with you (policy).

any bike shop should be able to give you a list of what needs to be fixed... id probably call iron pony first, or call some HD dealers since it's a buell.... they will give you an estimate, you give the estimate to to adjuster, he writes you a check (after you bicker back and forth about costs). 

Edited by John

you can do the repairs yourself. really,you can do whatever the hell you want after you get the check. the insurance company has no control over how you spend the money. you can blow it all on booze if you want to. you are a third party claimant. you have no obligation to his insurance company. they dont have a contract with you (policy).

any bike shop should be able to give you a list of what needs to be fixed... id probably call iron pony first, or call some HD dealers since it's a buell.... they will give you an estimate, you give the estimate to to adjuster, he writes you a check (after you bicker back and forth about costs). 

Good point, guess I could do the repairs myself after getting an estimate. Have you used Iron Pony in the past? HD dealers are a little nerving, I call them and they seem clueless on simple things like anything that runs on 2 wheels.

Good point, guess I could do the repairs myself after getting an estimate. Have you used Iron Pony in the past? HD dealers are a little nerving, I call them and they seem clueless on simple things like anything that runs on 2 wheels.

i have not. i havent had to have any body work done luckily lol. i saw you said iron pony won't do it... if HD doesnt want to do it either, you can ask them who does their body work, or if they can recommend someone.  may be worth your while to call some automotive body shops like evans, rifes, etc and ask if they can recommend anyone for a bike.

i wouldnt worry about taking it to HD dealer. you want a high estimate, and they are going to probably be pretty pricey. you only need estimates though. the insurance company will just give you a check, and then you will do whatever you decide to do... fix it yourself, take it to whatever shop you want, just live with it, etc etc.