Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

1 minute ago, 2talltim said:

You realize most of these events are for profit. Yes they donate some money to charity just to make it look good but they are far from charity events. Not saying you wouldn't have a good time but I've talked to quite a few people that want to tell me "it's for a good cause". All the though mudder and color run events are all about the same a very small portion goes to charity.

Honestly the thought of a charity hadn't even came to my mind. It looks like a fun time and that was pretty much as far as I looked into it. 

4 minutes ago, TheBrown57 said:

Honestly the thought of a charity hadn't even came to my mind. It looks like a fun time and that was pretty much as far as I looked into it. 

That's cool, I get that. But you would be surprised about how many people don't realize these events are for profit and when they ask for volunteer help, sponsers and donations just to add to their bottom line it's almost takes it too far for me.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 2talltim said:

That's cool, I get that. But you would be surprised about how many people don't realize these events are for profit and when they ask for volunteer help and donations just to add to their bottom line it's almost takes it too far for me.

I have never done a marathon of any kind so I haven't really looked into it. I get where you are coming from though.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

Fuck, why didn't I think of that. How much do kidneys weigh?

Not near as much as my right leg does.  I bet if I hack it off at the hip, I'll be down a good 50-60 pounds.  I dont use my bike's rear brake anyway

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2016 at 9:35 PM, Hellmutt said:

Surgery?  Bottle of shine, hacksaw, a blowtorch, and this can be done 1800s style on the cheap 

Forgot to tell you, I ordered a cleanse for both of us. So, you will lose a few soon and then it's back to fish but on the grill.

Edited by snot

I've hit my goal and actually stabilized several pounds below it.

I was pretty restrictive on the foods I ate when I was dropping weight.  Now, I am trying to re-introduce foods and eat in a way that maintains my current body (lower) weight.  This part almost seems more challenging than the diet.   

• Upvote 3

My weight is still floating at 260 but I'm down almost another pant size and all my lifts have increased in weight as well. Down to 31% bid fat from 37% a month ago. Friends and I decided to do a big lift a little while ago and try and break 100k lbs of total weight lifted in one go. We broke it at 115k! Was about a 2 hour gym session and needless to say I felt it all the next couple days but I was also proud of myself for sticking to trying to break 100k, I wanted to stop a couple times but my friends kept pushing me and we made it. 

My blood pressure has been going down as well which is another goal I have. Down from 131/80 to 117/80 and that was last month so I'm due to get it checked again.

• Upvote 1

Nice job.

I had a small setback after spending a week in Vegas (I did manage to work out 4 of the 5 full days I was there) but as of this morning I'm down 48lbs today since mid Feb. If not for some muscle I've added, it would be over 50 I'm sure. Still lots to go.

• Upvote 2

This is a good read...

https://www.t-nation.com/powerful-words/100-laws-of-muscle

Some of these are great:

Working out to look great may be shallow, but so is wearing makeup, taking selfies, and grooming of any sort. Pick your shallow.

Stop it with the sissy gloves. Calluses are your body's way of saying, "Fixed it. More please."

People get great results and build impressive bodies with many different training philosophies. But they all have one thing in common: they bust ass. Working hard works. Period. Don't forget that part.

Embrace movement. You're really going to train hard in the gym, then take the escalator and roll your luggage?

If your diet makes you act like a bitch, it's not going to last for long. You're going to fall off the wagon. Unless of course you were a bitch before you started.

Weak people face life's obstacles with an excuse in their hand. Strong people carry a hammer.

• Upvote 1

I liked a bunch of those but this one rang out with me the most.

65.  Don't obsess over scale weight. Lose 10 pounds of fat and gain 10 pounds of muscle and the scale will say you made "no progress." The mirror beats the scale.

I'm in a holding pattern for the next 3 weeks. Have 2 weeks vacation one with the family and the other is a bike trip. I work too hard not to enjoy my vacations to their fullest and eating out and enjoying extra drinks is part of that. I'll still try to cut back over what I usually do but I'm not concerned about calorie counts the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll only gain about 5ish in that time. But I'll be right back at it afterwards.

Currently I'm down 40lbs since Feb 14th and that was after my weekend at the gap last weekend.

• Upvote 2

Well I'm on vacation in Florida and had to go buy new swimming gear when we got here. Wasn't thinking that my old stuff wouldn't fit me anymore...lol

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 3

That's always a plus! I had to a buy a new suit for a wedding I'm going to in Atlanta this weekend because none of the ones I have fit me anymore. I've been getting rid of all my "fat" clothes. Not going back there.

• Upvote 3

That's always a plus! I had to a buy a new suit for a wedding I'm going to in Atlanta this weekend because none of the ones I have fit me anymore. I've been getting rid of all my "fat" clothes. Not going back there.

Why my wife just said. "Throw them away"