New to the page

Rainman

Hello Everyone.  My name is Adam "Rainman" Cook.  They call me Rainman because all of my motorcycle events usually bring rain.   It has nothing to do with the movie.

I am an event coordinator, and I run 2 non-profit organizations. The Heartbeat of a Teddy Bear and Operation: S.T.A.T.

Heartbeat of a Teddy Bear was started in 2012 after the tragic shooting at Chardon High School.  I organized a Teddy Bear run that was just a local run to let the families know that "We were with you when your sons were buried, and we will always be with you.  Today, Tomorrow, Forever.  At the request of one of the parents, we then scheduled another Teddy Bear run to Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital in Cleveland.  In 2012, we donated over 700 teddy bears (In October) and in 2013, we did it again (In July) and delivered over 1500 teddy bears, $3500 in supplies, and a $1500 donation.  In 2014, we want to atleast double that.  

Operation: S.T.A.T. (Standing Tall for American Troops) was started after I organized a group of people to the VA Hospital in Cleveland to thank the Veterans for their service and sacrifice.  The day of this run was the 10 year anniversary of 9.11.  In visiting with the Veterans, I heard that we were the only people some had seen in months outside of doctors and nurses.  They said their families live too far away and their friends dont ever see them when they are in the hospital.  This bothered me.  Men and Woman have served our country, sacrificed time with their families, and for some, will never return to the life they once knew.  

I promised I would return, and on Christmas Eve that year, we delivered 60 stockings to that floor.  In 2012, we delivered 725 to the entire Louis B. Stokes VA Medical Center, and in 2013, we delivered over 2000 stockings to 5 VA medical centers in 3 states.  In 2014, we hope to hit 10 hospitals in just as many states.

Follow me as I will post many of our events on here.  

I look foward to meeting many of you in the future.

Please ride safe, and watch out for cages.

Adam Rainman Cookpost-17566-0-88162400-1395208660_thumb.j

• Upvote 2