New (to me) Track Bike

ludwb675

Picked up a dedicated track bike for this season. The bug bit hard last year and didn't want to use my daily bike anymore.

I have to miss the first Motoseries at nelsons unfortunately. But plan on being at the rest of them and some Mid-O this year. 

2007 Daytona 675 with a 2010 engine. Has a ton of upgrades and way more bike than i'll ever need. If i get time, i'd like to do a different paint scheme this summer. 

I'll also need to get use to gp shift. Bought some rearsets to turn the daily into gp shift so hopefully i'll get use to it some before the first track day. 

20140410_193223_zps9cd60c49.jpg

20140410_193240_zpsc75d0c17.jpg

20140410_193511_zpsa92ae13e.jpg

20140419_185034_zps69feae00.jpg

• Upvote 1

now sell your street bike, and the transformation will be complete!

I'm mostly joking, but not entirely.  I found street riding terribly boring after I did a decent number of track days.  I think you'll also find that your street 675 is a lot less comfortable, and a lot more overkill than the street demands.  You may really want to consider selling it and picking up something more comfortable, that is still capable on the track in case the 675 is out of commission.  Think FZ6, or something similar.  You'll probably end up with some cash left over too.

/$.02

Thanks all.

The street 675 is def overkill. But i still like it and will keep it for awhile. It is a lot more boring than track days but i ride it to work when i can or just cruise around town. 

If anything, i'll end up buying another one and keeping the 675.

Edited by ludwb675