Moto Series Round 1 May 2-4

TRMN8TR

not racing round one, but if I am super-dad/husband on Saturday, I may be able to ride down on Sunday and say hello, grab some stands and warmers, etc.

Maybe bend Todd's ear about performance indexing the oil-boiler 750 in with the lighter, more powerful liquid-cooled 600's ;-)

How much is a race license anyway?  I have a plan that involves a 3-hour endurance to destroy the current set of tires when I'm ready for a new set :D

Edited by redkow97

Any good spots in the paddock to park a 30,000 lb RV?

I would seriously suggest bringing as much plywood as you can fit in the RV.  I have seen many people get stuck.  There are always lots of people willing to help you out of the mess, but if you can avoid it, that's probably easier!

If Neyra is there, his rig will pull just about anything out of the mud, but it's not exactly agile to maneuver in tight quarters.

when I did my race school at Nelson, it was decent weather on Saturday, but rained all night and all day Sunday.  Something like 5 RV's had to be pulled out.

Well...looks like the forks and shock are ready to be shipped back!  The bad is that I've put off working on the TH because I figured it was going to take so long to get the suspension back.

I fail.

I'm going to do my best to get the trailer ready but I don't think I can get it done in time.  I need to de-winterize it, flush the tanks and do a fully mechanical check of the systems.  I also need to to top off the propane, get the TRS installed, new genny arrives tomorrow and needs run to break it in a little, stock it with essentials, fill the water tank, and last but not least is setup the weight dist. hitch.  List is long and I don't know that I can do it all in time but I'm going to give my best so I can be at Nelsons.

Well...looks like the forks and shock are ready to be shipped back!  The bad is that I've put off working on the TH because I figured it was going to take so long to get the suspension back.

I fail.

I'm going to do my best to get the trailer ready but I don't think I can get it done in time.  I need to de-winterize it, flush the tanks and do a fully mechanical check of the systems.  I also need to to top off the propane, get the TRS installed, new genny arrives tomorrow and needs run to break it in a little, stock it with essentials, fill the water tank, and last but not least is setup the weight dist. hitch.  List is long and I don't know that I can do it all in time but I'm going to give my best so I can be at Nelsons.

Sounds like a bunch of stuff that "technically" doesn't have to be done to get your ass to the track.

De-winterize?  just use the damn outhouse

Flush the tanks?  see above

Full mechanical?  Start the thing up and drive to the track, run test complete

Top off propane? Marty will keep you warm

TRS?  You forget how to use tie downs over the winter?

New generator break in?  Run the bitch on the way to the track

Fill the water tanks? See de-winterize.

Stock with essentials? Oreo's and Bistro...essentials covered

Weight dist hitch? I'm sure your fine without the water tanks full

• Upvote 3

My junk is as ready as it's going to be. Need to change the front tire before first session.

Can't wait for the 70 degrees and blue skies on Saturday.

Oh and I need to break in a new generator if it shows up in time. If not I'm mooching off Ryan.

Edited by Jester_

got my exhaust patched up...doesn't look the greatest, but it gets the job done.

It can't be any worse than the midget can I had on mine originally. Ask Kev about hearing that thing in his face coming out of the carousel at Nelson.